CBR1100XX.org Forum

Opinions wanted on bike for sale

Let me know if this looks to be a good price for this.

Here is the link for the bike.

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=6985151

2001 red Blackbird with 29000 kms

2 owners

just dropped the price to $4999 CND

New rear tire, all stock

Previous owner removed the center stand.

Someone dropped it while sitting on it in the parking lot at the dealer. Shoelace got stuck on peg.....

Damage is minimal. Light scratch on side of mirror, upper fairing and pipe. Really not that noticeable.

Now the paint... Seems to be very light fading on either side of the mirrors, the rear tail and handle right on the tips.

The silver paint is starting to show through the red candy color. I was told they spray silver under the red to get the shimmer.?

THXS

That's $4,941 USD & 18,019 miles.

Not sure about the silver under the red, I had a red 2001 tank that I refinished & it didnt have silver paint underneath, but did have natural silver metal underneath :icon_eh:

***edit just seen the pictures did not load up for me before.... looks original/stock & fairly clean.

Couldnt hurt to offer him less, the worst he can say is no.

Looks to be a decent price to me. Not like you're gonna be able to brag, but you won't have to be ashamed either. Tell him 4,000 since the nut protectors are on crooked. That, and black is so much faster. Ask if the front tire is cupped too.

Its red and looks very stock... I would take it in a heart beat if I was looking for another. I think the price is a little high. I would offer $4500. If he wont budge then walk away for a week and come back and ask if he is ready to sell it.... but again its RED and how bad do you want it?

The 2002 silver is under the 2001 red. I have shot it.

primer, silver, red, clear.

may have been buffed to much, the red is pretty much a clear. Very hard to get the correct color of red depth. Impossible to touch up and not be able to see the difference. Even airbrush.

Since you are based in Ottawa, you are not far from quebec / montreal.

Might want to check if the bike is from quebec.

if it is then make a lower offer, plates this year are 650 next year up to 1200.

as this bike is considered sport/ hypersport.

also as described above it is almost impossible to make minor cosmetic touch ups on this color.

Note

if you can wait till after the riding season, like october november.

you can probably pick up a bird in mint condition for much less .

le coqxx