CBR1100XX.org Forum

My '98 Bird is awesome

BarryG

But nothing.....that's all. I can't believe I have a 10yr old (shiney) bike that cost me less than a new Ninja 250 and I don't know what I'd rather pilot. Bird is soooo nice. Glad I got that cruiser bug out of my system....been there....DONE that.....yuck! Man I love my Bird.....one smooth beast! I'm a lucky bastard. :icon_biggrin: I'm sorry I sold my '02 but I think I like this carb'd one even more.

I'm sorry I sold my '02 but I think I like this carb'd one even more.

I'm with you on that, I think the carbed birds have a bit more "personality"... the FI birds are just too smooth IMO.

Meh... I've had both... I like not having to mess with a choke.

That having been said, Philip and I commented to each other repeatedly on our trip out West how perfect the XX is for what we were doing. It just eats miles, is all day comfortable, will go fast when you want it to, and you can make it rail when it needs to. :icon_iloveyou:

+1 on the '98 XX :icon_biggrin:

The best part (or one of the best parts) is that last look over the shoulder when I shut off the light and walk out of the garage.... it always looks so sinister just waiting for to come back.... :icon_evilgrin:

Meh... I've had both... I like not having to mess with a choke.

That having been said, Philip and I commented to each other repeatedly on our trip out West how perfect the XX is for what we were doing. It just eats miles, is all day comfortable, will go fast when you want it to, and you can make it rail when it needs to. :icon_iloveyou:

Yeah the choke is a new thing. But it's never cold here anyway. About 5 seconds with the choke on and then she idles normally. It's not all day comfortable to me but I don't do more than 200 mi days anyway so doesn't matter. Perfect for my riding.

I haven't had the chance to own other ones as I have been happy with my FIRST one... :icon_duh:

Carbed have more soul eh?? Sounds like FI envy to me.... :icon_lol:

I haven't had the chance to own other ones as I have been happy with my FIRST one... :icon_duh:

Carbed have more soul eh?? Sounds like FI envy to me.... :icon_lol:

Well I guess I learned the hard way....I know my carb'd Bird definitely runs cooler for some reason than the FI did. How many miles you got on your titanium now, Will?

I gotta agree with ya on the carb'd birds. They got more soul. :icon_biggrin:

Here is my 97. 11 year old bike with its 60 year old pilot. Yeah, I turned 60 on Sunday. Pic was taken Sunday.

Me6-29-08.jpg

Well I guess I learned the hard way....I know my carb'd Bird definitely runs cooler for some reason than the FI did. How many miles you got on your titanium now, Will?

Almost 62K, I would have been just as happy with any year I'm pretty sure because when I was shopping I looked at all of them at the time. I don't think I would have batted an eye over weather it was carbed or not. Just how the chips fell for me when I did get one that it happened to be.

Your low mile 98 was a steal had I been presented the opportunity I'd have been all over it and who knows maybe sold mine to keep that one but hey I'm happy to have one period. :icon_biggrin:

Here is my 97. 11 year old bike with its 60 year old pilot. Yeah, I turned 60 on Sunday. Pic was taken Sunday.

Me6-29-08.jpg

NO FUCKING WAY!!!

its 11.

I need to put something on my hair..

No, really, you look 40 Tom.

Me6-29-08.jpg

NO FUCKING WAY!!!

its 11.

I need to put something on my hair..

No, really, you look 40 Tom.

Don't move south...

The cold slows down aging.. :icon_twisted:

Nice bike :icon_biggrin:

Chokes... yuck. :icon_silenced:

FI.... start and riiiiiiide! :icon_twisted:

Start bike.....choke on for 10 seconds, turn off choke, let bike idle. By the time helmet, jacket, gloves, shades are on....bike is ready to roll..... :icon_twisted:

I like my carbed bird. Never owned a FI bike, seems like that fancy smansy new fangled witchcraft to me! My baby has got tons of soul. . . .i mean hell she is black after all!

Me6-29-08.jpg

Sweet.....I dunno who looks better for its age; you or the bike! :icon_twisted: You don't even look 50 much less 60....do you use Oil of Olay?

Me6-29-08.jpg

Sweet.....I dunno who looks better for its age; you or the bike! :icon_twisted: You don't even look 50 much less 60....do you use Oil of Olay?

refrigeration!!!!

Yeah, the 98 is close to perfect. It sometimes seems greener on the other side of the fence (ZX14, busa, etc)...yet the bird seems like it is so much closer to perfection in all areas.