CBR1100XX.org Forum

VFR BAR INSTALL

TFT

I installed the VFR bars on Jackie's bike (2001 XX) this weekend. The brake line does not allow me to rotate the reservoir forward enough to clear the throttle cables. If I rotate the throttle cables upward to clear the brake lever, the throttle cables bind and don't allow the throttle to spring back as it should. I didn't have this issue on my 97 XX

Any suggestions?

Don't you have to cut away the locking tab for the brake line, loosen and change the angle of the brake line in order to get everything lined up right. I put them on AXXkickers '03 and I think I had to do that. I need to quit sniffing glue so I can remember all this stuff :icon_shifty:

The perfect time to put some Galfer lines on the bike. :icon_biggrin:

A few weeks back I finally got around to putting my lines on so I decided it would also be a good time to put some VFR bars on.

The stock length were more than enough to accomodate the bars I even raised them up on the fork tubes like I had my stock bars. Needless to say my Bird feels like a big fast VFR now..... :icon_cool:

I am no help with the stock line length besides it's worth the line upgrade for your wife... :icon_whistle:

Don't you have to cut away the locking tab for the brake line, loosen and change the angle of the brake line in order to get everything lined up right.

You have to.

If I can do it, anybody can do it.