CBR1100XX.org Forum

Disable side stand switch

cbrbear

I searched all the threads and I couldnt find anything and I thought all you had to do was jumper a paperclip but no matter how I tried I couldnt get it to work so whats a sure fire way to dis able the sidestand switch? Dont bother asking why either... just if you know please post it or refer me to previous post that cover it. Thanks

I remember someone a while back bypassing the switch on the other end of the wiring loom.......

I'll do some digging around and see if I can find it for you. There was another guy on here a bit ago that liked to launch with the bike leaned over on the sidestand. I know you said don't ask....so I didn't :icon_whistle:

I just unplugged from the loom connection on top of the motor. I did run a switch that I could turn on under the seat that would kill the motor when a thief put it in gear. Then wired it to my ign disable an the alarm. It is just two wires that when made contact will kill when in gear. works with the neutral indicator.

You got a problem with one might be the other too.

Right now it is disconnected but as soon as I put the bike in gear with the clutch in it dies..... even though the side stand light isnt on....

Side stand light???

Jump it, where it connects to the loom.

Is this a different bike? Just saw where you took it(?) for a ride.

Naw same bike I took it out for a ride this morning. Not sure why it was being difficult last night but it didnt do it this morning. Carbs are all jacked up or something I dunno it almost felt like I wasnt getting any fuel. Gonna play some more tonight then she will go get dyno tuned if I cant figure it out.

Side stand light???

Jump it, where it connects to the loom.

Is this a different bike? Just saw where you took it(?) for a ride.

You dont have an amber light on your dash that tells you that your side stand is down?

I had a similar incident when I had a local shop change out my chain and sprockets. They ran the wire from the sidestand behind the front sprocket cover. The chain eventually wore through the wires.

Make sure you do not have a broken wire anywhere. Even when I jumpered the plug at the side stand it would still die when I put it in gear. Very frustrating situation to trouble shoot.

It is just a continuity switch. On/Off

Disconnect the connector. Check for continuity across the terminals when the stand is up. If there is continuity when the stand is down, then it is grounding out somewhere else.

If it was me, i'd leave the switch alone and just use a jumper at the connector.

I've got a carbed model and I have a sidestand light. It's a yellow "S" on the dash. That's weird.

I'd agree with the others and say to trace the switch wire back up to the loom and loop it there. It is just a matter of crossing the pins. You could take a multimeter and see if there is any current going through your current (pardon the pun) setup. Might be a short (or a break) earlier up the wire.

It's there for a good reason!

Years ago I had a good friend that rode a triumph.

At least he did till he went round a sweeper with his side stand down.

Last ride for him.

Last ride for him.

Well you know what they say..... the stupid shall be punished...

Last ride for him.

+1, happened to me on my 77 CB750, the bike died....

I got launched into the mud in this guy's front yard, and the bike ended up tumbling through the air...something like 8 times over...