CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Road - sales literature (long)

MooseJaw

Got the following sales pitch about the new Pilot Road tires. Guess it worked cuz I will be putting a set on this week :) For those interested in what Michelin has to say about its new sport touring tires, read on:

<<<<<<<<

Pilot Road is the new Michelin radial tyre, developed with all the necessary qualities to satisfy the two most important categories in the top-of the-range motorbike offer:

It can also be fitted on sportbikes where longevity is a priority. Due to the diverse nature of these bikes, following consultation with motorbike enthusiasts we have concentrated on the following areas:

ROAD HANDLING SAFETY

Road handling is enhanced by the excellent intuitive response of this new product, and the perfect balance between front and back. On both wet and dry road surfaces, safety is maximised by the new 100% silica rubber, and also by the new tread pattern for efficient water dispersion. This is due to the speed at which the rubber warms up.

Unbeatable for stability at high speeds

150 mph cornering

Tested on German motorways

100%

SILICE

Fastest tyre on the market

in the wet: Gain 3 seconds per revolution

(Das motorad test)

With medium wear, identical to a new Mac 100

COMFORT LONGEVITY

The innovative new structure makes the front tyre much The new specially formulated rubber compound ensures high mileage capacity but preserves the tyre?s grip potential for a long time.

more supple, reducing sensitivity to shimmy and optimis-

ing ride comfort, and lessens the impact of imperfections

in the road.

TREAD PATTERN

VARIABLE-DEPTH TREAD PATTERN

Variable depth between the tyre crown and shoulder è Very even wear right through to end of life

STRUCTURE

Innovative new structure at the front:

· Consisting of two 75° casing plies + 0° cord

gComfort

gLess rigid casing, resists shimmy

· Rounded profile

gBetter handling, versatility, improved wear

gAbsorbs and lessens the impact of uneven roads

gLess lively, more gradual change of direction

In general, the handling benefits from this suppleness which also leads to more consistent behaviour in response to load variations. This is an important quality in a tyre designed for a vari-

ety of uses (use of a top case, riding double, or with luggage).

COMPOUND OF RUBBER

New rubber compound with 100 % silica reinforcing fillers

-Unbeatable wear/grip compromise

-Quick to warm up, even at low temperatures

Use of a 100% silica compound for the first time in the sport touring and basic roadster

category.

A slightly softer compound than that on the rear tyre enhances the intuitive response of the front tyre, offering better steering control while maintaining longevity.

REAR TYRE :

TREAD PATTERN

STRUCTURE

Architectures of the Rear Pilot Road were developed according to various dimensions of the range. They have one or two casing plies with variable angle following size, this in order to adapt to the characteristics of the principal motor bikes to equip with these sizes.

· Variable depth between the tyre crown and shoulder g Very even wear right through to end of life

· Stability at high speeds

COMPOUND OF RUBBER

New rubber compound with 100 % silica reinforcing fillers.

· Designed for high performance and safety on wet surfaces

· Designed for high mileage on dry roads

· Quick to warm up, even at low temperatures

Use of a 100% silica compound for the first time in the sport touring and basic roadster category.

A slightly more rigid compound than that on the front tyre enhances traction while maintaining longevity.

FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF USERS AND MACHINES

Pilot Road is aimed particularly at motorcyclists whose hobby is Sport-Touring, i. e. bikers whose riding style can take different forms depending on the circumstances. Such rides may vary from high-speed sporting activity where the riding surface makes heavy demands on the qualities of the machine chassis, to a more leisurely pace for an outing with a passenger riding pillion or going on holiday with a bike laden with voluminous luggage.

A large number of modern bikes, even sportbikes, are perfectly suitable for such wide-ranging uses and this is exactly why Pilot Road was designed - to exploit this freedom.

POSTIONING:

Pilot Road will not replace the Macadam 100X but will be an additional ?Premium? product.

The Macadam 100X will then become a ?Standard? product for less demanding users.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was really keen to try these Michelin Pilot Roads..... until those flaccid, no-load, cheese-eating French faggots started their shit with the Iraqi war.

I know it's not overly logical to deny myself what is probably a fine product just because the government of the country in which they're made is all fucked away. I'm guessing that, for the most part, Michelin doesn't make French foreign policy.

OTOH.... it's just the goddamn principle of it all.... <sigh> I dunno, dudes, whaddaya all think? shrug.gif

I just checked on my of H2s and slicks,they are all made in Spain,Pilots are made in Spain too,,,,,,,,,though still Franch company,,,,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that. Very good reading. I was debateing those or the Avon's.

I think I am still going to go with the Avon's.

Ken

Ive got around 800 miles on my pilot roads now and they live up to all that gibberish in the first post IMHO. But they do say MADE IN FRANCE on the sidewall. Im tempted to impale them with a bowie knife and piss on them but damn they are nice tires. Btw there is like no wear on em at all cept on the sides where I was gettin happy on the throttle doin corner exits tryin to break em loose. Except for the fact that they are made by skirt wearing pussies I LOVE EM.

Skirt wearing pussies!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

From the sales gibberish: Intuitive????!!!!! So they read my mind???

They know what I'm going to do before I do!!!!!

WOWWWWWWW! So when I'm just tooling down the highway the tire can be nice and hard for mileage. But when a deer jumps out, It goes super sticky for braking traction. COOL!!!! :lol:

Not messing with you, Moosejaw just Michelin.

I can't knowingly buy French for the time being.

I had the TX15 and TX25 on my other bird and was very impressed with the grip. I'm now looking at the Avons, Michelins Pilot, or just a front BT-020 as my BT020 rear is still good. Obviously the cheapest way would be the bridgestone front but if the handling and grip are that much better with the Michelins or Avons I may opt for a pair. Any thoughts