CBR1100XX.org Forum

pics of slider pegs

lensmanxx

1. Remove the motor mount and replace with a socket cap (allen) M10 bolt.

2. Install lower cowling.

3. Sharpen the end of a bolt with an 8mm head, slip it into the head of the socket cap bolt. Essentially this creates a prick punch that is screwed into the motor mount.

4. Smack the outside of the cowling hard enough to punch mark the inside.

5. Use a hole saw to drill through the cowling, obviously centered at the mark.

post-1763-1209685534.jpg

post-1763-1209685544.jpg

Here is a shot of mine. They are made by Proteck and I stuck a small plastic plug in the end of them to give them a cleaner look. I can't help with any install tips, the previous owner installed them.

post-4683-1209686792.jpg

I've always found it ironic that you have to alter (aka, cut holes in) your fairings to protect them from.... holes and cracks.

I like that about Dave's new ride... the ZX doesn't need any cutting to mount sliders.

I've always found it ironic that you have to alter (aka, cut holes in) your fairings to protect them from.... holes and cracks.

They were originally used by privateer race teams (low budgets) not to protect the plastics but to protect the frame (hence the name) from damage during a spill on the track. Nowadays they are marketed to street riders, but depending on the bike most don't do a very good job of completely protecting the fairing from damage but might take the brunt of the damage and it would be all the less to repair later on...

If mine had not already been installed when I bought the bike, I doubt I would have installed them myself. But they do make pretty good highway pegs to stretch my legs on long trips.... :icon_biggrin:

I loved mine. In the future I am gonna get a bit longer ones for a comfy boot rest. I used to stick a leg up on the highway.

If you get a piece of rubber stripping and make the hole alittle bigger it give a clean look as well..

Porter is a frame slider guy. he helped me out when i needed a ..umm.. replacement :icon_silenced:

med_gallery_1373_154_44582.jpg

I loved mine. In the future I am gonna get a bit longer ones for a comfy boot rest. I used to stick a leg up on the highway.

If you get a piece of rubber stripping and make the hole alittle bigger it give a clean look as well..

Porter is a frame slider guy. he helped me out when i needed a ..umm.. replacement :icon_silenced:

med_gallery_1373_154_44582.jpg

I've been waiting for you :icon_evilgrin:

Those were on my 97'

I have about 6 weeks till I am in the market for a new bird... getting antzy already....

You still making them Porter?

When the new bike comes I was gonna put a set on, perhaps I could give you a shout.

Funny thing about sliders you never know what the damage would have looked like without them.

post-1373-1209737818.jpg

Those were on my 97'

I have about 6 weeks till I am in the market for a new bird... getting antzy already....

When the new bike comes I was gonna put a set on, perhaps I could give you a shout.

Funny thing about sliders you never know what the damage would have looked like without them.

post-1373-1209737818.jpg

I am not really making sets. I just piddle around with the lathe.

If you want me to make a set, let me know.

Those were on my 97'

post-1373-1209737818.jpg

Would have probably looked something like this

post-5315-1209740205.jpg