CBR1100XX.org Forum

Galfer brake/clutch line lengths

pcinpdx

Can anyone tell me if the Galfer lines are longer than stock or the same length? I've got a set of VFR helibars for my '02 XX and I'm getting ready to install. Would I be safe going with the standard XX setup from Galfer or should I go +1" or +2" on hose length?

I have VFR bars and Galfer lines. I ordered the Galfers 2" longer than stock and it was a little too much. I would order either stock length or maybe 1" longer if I were doing it again.

I bought mine from CycleBrakes.com. At that time, several years ago, they would supply the lines in any length you wanted.

I have VFR bars and Galfer lines. I ordered the Galfers 2" longer than stock and it was a little too much. I would order either stock length or maybe 1" longer if I were doing it again.

I bought mine from CycleBrakes.com. At that time, several years ago, they would supply the lines in any length you wanted.

+1 I have VFR bars and got my Galfer lines at CycleBrakes too. I will have to look, but I think I got +2.5. Way too long. Remember, these things aren't that flexible. 1-1.5" should be about right.

These are actually helibars for a VFR so I'm adding another 5/8" inches to the overall height of the VFR bars (mini ape hangers?).

Whoops, that reminds me why I went with +2.5in, I had my VFR bars on top of Genmar risers. But even then my lines were too long.

I have the 2-line Galfer kit in the stock length with VFR bars and I still have about a half inch of extra play with the forks fully extended.