CBR1100XX.org Forum

My flat black bird

Hooplehead

Well, after my bike fell off the kick stand, I plastic welded all the plastic, painted flat black, and applied custom stickers. I hope this is nondescript enough that the local authorities won't be on the look for it! And here is the finished product.

post-3948-1202321443.jpg

and the before picture:

post-3948-1202321545.jpg

Get a darker seat, and throw a cover over the tank, and you're all set!

Of couse, John Law will be able to follow your smoke trail, so forget about being incognito. :icon_biggrin:

+1

Bagster on the tank would fix it.

Yep, can't wait to buy a tank bra/bag. I saw one of black leather that had a snap on bag. I'm sure it's expensive, so I haven't searched around lately. Someone here has it in the forum. Don't know about the seat. I kind of like the marine grade, hammered vinyl. It looks similar to the aluminum on the bike. Since I sit nearly all the way back sometimes, I am still working on the shaping. Perhaps a black cover for the end where I don't sit, would let it look good while on stand, yet incognito while rolling? Hey, my dream bike still has a way to go. Any other opinions and ideas? You know, small, inexpensive, incognito, look cool gadgets? Peace bro

Yep, can't wait to buy a tank bra/bag. I saw one of black leather that had a snap on bag. I'm sure it's expensive, so I haven't searched around lately. Someone here has it in the forum. Don't know about the seat. I kind of like the marine grade, hammered vinyl. It looks similar to the aluminum on the bike. Since I sit nearly all the way back sometimes, I am still working on the shaping. Perhaps a black cover for the end where I don't sit, would let it look good while on stand, yet incognito while rolling? Hey, my dream bike still has a way to go. Any other opinions and ideas? You know, small, inexpensive, incognito, look cool gadgets? Peace bro

Why do you sit all the way back on the seat?

The cover you speak of is indeed a Bagster.... you can more easily find them on eBay in England... however I believe there is a lone distributor here in the states.

Looks good Shane

I am not painting my bike this year maybe next winter. I have a crack starting in the lower right cowl around the bolt so I will have to do something soon though. I guess I will paint it then.

Thanks for the stickers though. :icon_thumbsup:

Of couse, John Law will be able to follow your smoke trail, so forget about being incognito.

And the D&D's add to that! 1.5+ miles away the'll hear you. Ouch!

You aint kidding! Those pipes aer feaking loud! Anyone got any decent pipes that are quieter? They look good, but 2miles is a conservative estimate!

I am 6'3" tall and have a stock windshield. I try to lay flat on the bike and get under the screen, I have to slide my ass all the way back. Of course that's only under full tuck. Not to mention, it eases up on the angle of my legs. I have the lowering pegs and they are awesome, but my legs still tuck really friggin tight. I hope a little taller seat that allows me to sit back, will get me away from the screen and decrease my leg bend. Next will be some bar risers.

Great looking paint on panels. I would be happy to have a matching tank and sofa if it was mine.

+1

I am going to have to make a black seat, I guess. A bagster aughtta do nicely for the tank. Thanks!

Nice work Shane.

I like that flat black color.

Just mirrors and tank to same color and you've got yourself a perfect bike. :icon_thumbsup:

I had a set of D&D's a couple of years ago and the only good thing I can say about them is that they sound MEAN at idle. Otherwise, they just plain scream at all RPM's. You should have heard my bike while it was up on the dyno. Holy Sheet!

I ended up going with a set of Two Brothers Ti C5 slip on's. I love the sound of those but I don't like the construction design.

I had a set of D&D's a couple of years ago and the only good thing I can say about them is that they sound MEAN at idle. Otherwise, they just plain scream at all RPM's. You should have heard my bike while it was up on the dyno. Holy Sheet!

I ended up going with a set of Two Brothers Ti C5 slip on's. I love the sound of those but I don't like the construction design.

Guess I'll start looking into pipes. Not the little glass one's either!

Well, took some advice and decided on a semi-gloss seat. Seems like it is kind of two-tone where the gloss is up top, and flat down low. I didn't want to ruin the tough ass gloss paint on the tank, mirrors and rear bar, so I redid the seat. I think it looks damn fine! Made the seat an inch thicker too, helped with leg cramps! Now for those hard to find VFR bars.

post-3948-1207605956.jpgpost-3948-1207605926.jpg

Notice the use of the center-stand? I always park it like that now.(since it's fallen over before!) See, even hoopleheads can learn new tricks! :icon_clap:

Thanks all for the compliments. Usually the crap I own doesn't get positive remarks. doh!