CBR1100XX.org Forum

De-linking question

jon haney

I finally drilled the middle pistons on my front brakes and installed a bigger master cylinder. The old threads on this site say to use a CB400SF master, but what year? There are two different sizes: 14mm and 5/8". Should I have gone with the 5/8?

I actually used one from a VTR1000F which is 14mm. Seems a little mushy, but I might still have a little air left in the lines.

I used a 3/4 from a goldwing. But my calipers are four piston radial mounts. Master looks stock bird, but the lever is different than the birds. It can be modified to accept the birds lever by driling the piston. All you have to do is take a drill and grind it taper and ball grind the end and then drill the piston to the correct depth. Nothing to it really.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try a 5/8". It can't be good when you have your Pazzo lever set at "6" and it still feels a little mushy. :icon_confused:

It may be the way your decribing it, but the feel should not be mushy. The smaller bore mc will give you more lever travel. The 5/8" bore will have less lever travel but you have to apply more actual pressure to the lever, hence it feels harder.

I have the 5/8 bore on mine

It may be the way your decribing it, but the feel should not be mushy. The smaller bore mc will give you more lever travel. The 5/8" bore will have less lever travel but you have to apply more actual pressure to the lever, hence it feels harder.

I have the 5/8 bore on mine

You're right. It's not really mushy, just too much travel. On a hard stop the lever will come in to about 3/4" from the grip.

not sure if I said this before or not but I have all the de linky stuff if anyone wants it cept the lines as I used those but all the blocks and other parts I have no need for.

Sorry I havent replied I work A LOT of hours usually 60-80 hours per week and this week was more towards the 80 mark... 6 days so yeah... here is pic of the kit. I have no use for the hardware only thing I need is the brake lines and depending on how I attach it I could have 1 line left over.

post-4262-1202657466.jpg

I'd be interested in the parts you aren't going to use.

I could use a copy of the instructions too.

Please email or PM me your address and shipping cost and I'll get a check right out.

Thanks for the reply and the parts...Hank