CBR1100XX.org Forum

The bike will also be for sale

You are going to miss her. :icon_neutral:

Yes I porbably will. I missed my Hayabusa so much, I almost went out an bought another one, infact I bought this XX because I missed my first one after I crashed it and replaced it with my Busa, but honestly, I bought a ST1300 last Febuary (sold the busa for it) and I never ride the XX, since last febuary, I rode it to the market once, and up to the lake once,

I guess I'm old, other than speed and wheelies, I can do any thing on my St1300 that I can do on the XX and at three times the comfort level, it's amazingly nimble for a heavy bike,

I keep thinking I'll keep it and ride it, but I know I wont, and it's financed by my son, so we still have a payment on it, so it cost me $118 a month to watch it sit in the garage, and I just lost my job, so it's time for it to go.

I even have the grey hair to go with my Grandpa bike! Don't knock till you've tried it, my last ride on the ST was 12 hours in the seat, No pobs at all, no neck pain, no back pain, no wrist pain, nice!! but you still get the but burn.

IMGP8543.jpg

After watching one wheelie and giving chase to a ST1300 in the Ozraxx, I have to say you havent explored the abilities of your ride man.

:icon_twisted:

After watching one wheelie and giving chase to a ST1300 in the Ozraxx, I have to say you havent explored the abilities of your ride man.

:icon_twisted:

No I have, I can ride wheelie's on the St just fine, it blows people away when that thing comes up, and I can walk away from most of the guys I ride with in the twisties, my wife and I went up in the hills on it with a group of guys on thier ZX636's and a couple of GSXR600's, we left all of them except for one guy and we were riding two up, of course this was due to experience,

I also had a group of squids catch up to me after I stopped to get some thing to eat one time after I had blown past them coming down from the mountains, they wanted to see who was riding the big ole ST that they couldnt keep up with, they were amazed that I passed and walked away from them, it all comes down to riding experience, now of course I cant keep up with experienced riders on race replicas, but most people I meet on crotch rockets don't have enough experience to ride their bikes at half their capabilities.

I do pretty well on the ST, even guys who have pretty much the same experience say it's not easy to leave me when their on the RR bikes, unless we hit a long straight stretch and their on 1000's I'm right on them and usualy pass them in the hills,

But I don't like riding wheelies on it, I just fear it's going to blow out fork seals, it is pretty heavy, especially with my fat but on it.

But I LOVE my ST1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you deal with the "Gay Old Man" factor?

It's hard, really hard,

But I guess I am old and mature enough to realize looking cool isn't all it's cracked up to be, yah I don't get the hot chicks checking out my St like I did on the XX or even more so on my Hayabusa, but I'm married so I cant pick them up any ways, and instead of riding around with the attitude, Look at me, I'm cool , check out my bike! Kind of like that gang banger walking down the street with his Pit Bull with all the Spikes on his collar thinking, look at me, I'm a bad ass, I ride around thinking, man I love this grandpa bike, I'm comfortable, I have great wind protection, no vibrations (refering to Busa, not XX) I can go 350 miles on a tank of gas effortlessly with no discomfort, and not to mention my wife just sold her F4I so when we ride it's two up now, I'm in Heaven on this bike!

So I guess the ride out weighs the look, and besides it's pretty cool when that gay old man blows by squids in the hills.

Nice tailweight you got there Brian. Pretty cool she used to wear combat boots!

Yah she cleans sup pretty well, and she's getting used to being out of the ARMY, she was rehired as a civi contractor to do her old job at her unit, so she's pretty happy, but she preferred wearing the BDU's to work, she's a great gal!

What's your boyfriend think about it?

LMAO!!!

But I can relate with you loving the ST1300 for it's all around goodness. I thought that about my GL1800 for almost 2 years. I loved it so much, I got another XX :icon_evilgrin: for some reason.