CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ti Force,Termignoni,etc

tomek

I came across smoking deal on full titanium complete system for my 04 r1,could not resist,had to buy it,,not that I really needed another pipe.Bike already had Termignoni slip ons and Y -pipe ( cat eliminator).

Just as expected,craftmanship is spotless,I guess they use robots to do most of the welding.

Original plan was to only use a header part of the exhaust and sell the rest as a slip on on ebay.In case of 04 R1 most of aftermarked headers and stock part are interchangeable.However upon closer examination it become clear that Termignonis have to go .As far as quality of welding and the fit they are POS compared to TiForce.

Interestingly enought head pipes are much longer on TiForce vs Stock,same with secondaries ( stock is 4-2-1 design,has internal divider )

post-107-1198438000.jpg

Here are some weight figures

stock header- 6.2 pounds ,TiForce -4.2 ,I had stock XX header laying around- 9.7

stock cans plus cat 10pounds,termignoni cans plus Y pipe 10.25 ( WTF,heavier then stock ? ) TiForce cans plus Y pipe 6.8 pounds.

So, entire TiForce exhaust weights 11.0 pounds ( 2 mufflers keep in mind ),stocker is 16.2,Termignoni is heavier then stocker,although I did not have their header ,,,,

Took bike for short spin,but it was wet ,did not open all the way,pipes have nice,tight,industrial sound.

post-107-1198437880.jpgpost-107-1198437893.jpg

Beautiful bike!! I like the red rims! Those pipes fit nicely under that tail!

When you go to a full aftermarket system... you lose the EXUP feature which means you lose mid range? (question??) Maybe with the pipes being longer and Y'd you get back some of that mid range torque back? Anyone do any dyno runs with these pipes?

Be curious how seat of the pants feels when you get another ride.

Beautiful bike!! I like the red rims! Those pipes fit nicely under that tail!

When you go to a full aftermarket system... you lose the EXUP feature which means you lose mid range? (question??) Maybe with the pipes being longer and Y'd you get back some of that mid range torque back? Anyone do any dyno runs with these pipes?

Be curious how seat of the pants feels when you get another ride.

I`ve had number of 5 valve EXUPed 1000 Yamahas,as far as powerband first think I would recommend is to dump stock headers.EXUP is just marketing tool,people started caling 1989 FZR1000-EXUP,so Yamaha kept that over the years..It does nothing to the midrange,improves low end,like 1000-3000,4000rpm range.But my R1 revs to almost 14000 ,it is mainly track bike,basically I don`t care about below 4000rpm range.It is like worring about below 2500rpm range in case of XX.You don`t spend much time there anyway.

Here is a dyno http://www.tiforce.com/2003/models_page/yamaha/04yzfr1.html ,yes it is from pipe maker,but people from R1 forum have repeated those results,it gives true and honest 9-12 hp gain with nice ironed out powerband.

http://www.r1-forum.com/ ,but you have to be a member with minimum post count in order to search and see attachments.

You got rid of Termignoni pipes? Seek professional help now. I want your left overs.

If you think about throwing them on some other bike it won`t work.Front cap and a headpipe is a one piece,comes out at funny angle,right can and left can are not even mirror reflections.Basically 04-06 R1 or else.

I was gonna throw them on ebay,sometime in March,people will get itchy about riding and have more money.Now everyone is washed out after Christmas.