CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100XX Bolt Kit - $15 or $9 shipped

Ya know, alot of guys hate philips head screws, but I really hate them. They strip. It takes way to much force to turn them. But Honda loves them, especially the small, easy-to-strip ones. Cotter pins also suck. They break after about four uses and scratch your hands with every use. Whenever possible, I replace 'em. Currently I've got enough replacement hardware to create a few bolt kits. All fasteners have socket cap (allen) heads and are made from 18-8 stainless steel. Add a reply or send me a PM if you want one.

97/98 kit $15 (shipped):

• Five Hairpin Cotters - replaces the sharp little bastards on each footpeg pin and one on the rear brake master cylinder push rod. Hairpin cotters are much faster to use, don't cut you hands, and can be re-used hundreds of times.

• 13 M4x16mm bolts - replaces the easy-to-strip philips head screws that secure the carb diaphragm covers, plus one extra

• 12 M5x15mm bolts - replaces the philips head screws that secure the float bowls

• 4 M4x25mm bolts - replaces the philips head screws on the airbox to carb bands. Makes it much faster to install/remove the airbox

• 5 M4x12mm bolts - replaces the philips head screws on each master cylinder reservoir cover - cone shaped head. Uncoated SS, meaning they're not black.
99+ FI kit $9 (shipped):
  • Five Hairpin Cotters - replaces the sharp little bastards on each footpeg pin and one on the rear brake master cylinder push rod. Hairpin cotters are much faster to use, don't cut your hands, and can be re-used hundreds of times.

• 4 M4x25mm bolts - replaces the philips head screws on the airbox to carb bands. Makes it much faster to install/remove the airbox

• 5 M4x12mm bolts - replaces the philips head screws on each master cylinder reservoir cover - cone shaped head. Uncoated SS, meaning they're not black.
gallery_1763_240_56155.jpg

EDIT: The first 10,000 customers will get their kits in a weed-quality ziploc bag.

Not to gp off on a tangent or anything, but about 35 years ago I was rummaging around in the rubble of my great-grandfather's shop in Indianola, MS and came across a little (2 ounce or so) tin of cotter keys. It gives me great pleasure now to reach into that oily little metal snatch and pull out the perfect sized instrument.

I have a tin from my grandfather labeled "common pins". Poignant I thought.

Are you saying that Eric has Philip's head?

Got it! finally after 90 minutes. I couldn't resolve the Eric reference at first - Evil.

EDIT: The first 10,000 customers will get their kits in a weed-quality ziploc bag.

Fuck..keep the bolts then..just send the bag

+1 bag please with some.....