CBR1100XX.org Forum

Quick Dinner Ideas, and Tortilla's

Redd

I have packages of these in my freezer and packages in my fridge and eat them with everything. They are by far one of the best low carb items that I have tried. I can buy them at my local grocery store now, but if you dont have them here is where you can buy them.http://www9.netrition.com/low_carb_tortillas_page.html

I make breakfast burritos with them (scrambled eggs with 2 tablespoons of con Queso and salsa), and even have peanut butter and low carb jelly on them. I also use them to wrap up my egg, or chicken, or tuna salad. Here is a quick dinner recipe.

Mini Avocado-Spinach Quesadillas

Vegetable oil

4 tortillas (I used low carb ones, of course)

1/2 pound Pepper Jack cheese, shredded

1 avocado, sliced

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon sour cream

3/4 pound baby spinach leaves, chopped

1/3 cup salsa

Preheat oven to 450

Lightly oil one side of each tortilla and place them oiled side down on a baking sheet.

Layer cheese and avocado on one half of the tortillas (keep the other side free for folding) and bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.

While tortillas are warming, mix olive oil with sour cream in a bowl.

Add spinach and salsa, and toss.

Top tortillas with spinach mixture and fold in half.

Cheese crisps and "Mexican pizza" are my favorites with those. They really do taste like tortillas, which was very surprising.

Just pile on some cheese and meat, then toast in the oven. Cheddar and chorizo are some of my favorites, but many others work well.

Cheddar and chorizo are some of my favorites, but many others work well.

Damn.....wish I could find some good Chorizo out here, love that stuff, but lets face it, I live in Wis:)

I was also surprized at the taste. I have tried some down right raunchy low carb stuff.