CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel injector interchange?

Furbird

I might turbo in the future, but right now I think I have an injector leaking. Gas mileage has started going down, the bike smells rich, and I popped the oil cap off and it smells like fuel is making it to the crankcase. I swapped out my pressure regulator for one on another fuel rail I had, and the problem is still there. So, I'm going to try the regulator test I found (pull return line and if fuel sprays out without the engine running it's bad) on both regulators. If they both fail, that's the issue. If they both pass, then I'm going to replace the injectors. I do have a spare set of used stock injectors (same rail as the regulator came off of), but it's always nice to know what injectors I can use that I don't have to pay 3 times the cost of as a replacement on the bike. I can't think of any other reason why it would be dumping fuel, so if you guys can help out with some ideas, let me know.