CBR1100XX.org Forum

turn signal lite

rossh

If you wish to remove that screw, you should take the nut off the inner portion of it first. If its rounded out, you can hold the head of the screw with small visegrips. As for the turn signal bulb, or accessing behind the mirror....

The front signals- peel back that rubber boot from the mirror side, there's an 8mm bolt facing up. Remove that, and the 8mm bolt facing inward (toward the windscreen) just behind it. The mirror will come out, exposing the bulb housing.

Just did this on the 97...

I had to the mirror off already so dont know if you need to do that... regardless pull up the boot by the mirror (mirror casing). There are three bolts you should see. Two attach the mirror to the arm (that connects to the bike) and the middle bolt one attaches the mirro to the arm. Undo the middle one that attaches to the arm so you can pull the mirror off the arm. (mirror in this case is actually the glass part of the mirror that is shoved inside the mirror casing. Once the mirror is out, there you will see two screws to undo the lens and light.

The mirror casing is the plastic that holds the mirror and the lens. The mirror itself is attached to an arm that has a curve like an elbow.

Hope this makes sense. I can see it in my head but I may not be explaining it too well. The little screw you took doesnt change the bulb... unless I just did mine the hard way. :icon_silenced:

the left front running lite is out(turn signal is ok) on 2001 bird.tried to remove screw on bottom and found it froze.how can i get to this bulb?

Ok, from memory, that has got a nut inside, seams like you got to pull the rubber back. remove mirror bolt and then you can see bulb socket.