CBR1100XX.org Forum

1993 Honda XR650L $1650 OBO Central Virginia

For Sale 1993 Honda XR650L Dual Sport $1650 OBO ** Or perhaps a trade (partial trade) for a small to middleweight bike suitable for street and track **

I've had a blast with this bike, but selling it will help pay for a track bike. In general the XR650L is the most off-road oriented of the Japanese dual-sports. I've used it for both daily commuting and trail riding. This particular bike has been very reliable, it starts within a couple of seconds, runs and idles just fine. In first or second gear it's a really powerful trail bike. In top gear I easily commute at 70 mph on the interstate. Everything works as expected, no known issues.

The odometer currently read 4207 miles. But the title indicates the total mileage is unknown. The previous owner said he checked the wrong box when he registered and titled the bike. I have no idea if that is accurate or not.

As expected with a 14 year old dual sport there are lots of cosmetic nicks, dents, scratches, etc. Check the photos. You won't feel guilty when you drop it in the mud, just pick it up and keep going. I've done that several times. I think a larger after market tank (Clarke) and a Baja style taillight would make this bike look better and give it more range.

Maintenance Status

The following maintenance items were done this summer, less than 1000 miles ago:

Replaced chain and both sprockets

Replaced front and rear brake fluid

Replaced spark plug, using a NGK Iridium plug

Replaced air filter

Oil & Filter change

Replaced grips

Greased every Zerk fitting I saw

The front tire will last another season, the rear tire should be replaced soon.

Farkles & Extras

Barkbusters over clutch & brake lever, they also protect the perches.

Air injection system has been removed, block off plates installed.

Honda OEM Service Manual

Extra set of OEM turn signals

Extra set of OEM brake & clutch levers

OEM Engine shrouds, currently removed but included

Wal-Mart lunch box - don't laugh it holds enough Gatorade, snacks, maps and tools for a full day of adventure riding. It's secured using the OEM backing plate.

gallery_1763_240_241692.jpg

gallery_1763_240_884326.jpg

gallery_1763_240_46502.jpg

gallery_1763_240_123760.jpg

gallery_1763_240_123235.jpg

gallery_1763_240_293643.jpg

gallery_1763_240_174115.jpg

gallery_1763_240_22619.jpg

gallery_1763_240_180301.jpg

gallery_1763_240_18732.jpg

gallery_1763_240_300188.jpg

gallery_1763_240_466449.jpg

Webshots link - Entire Album

I can provide some help with delivery, contact me first though.

:icon_think: So I guess the Ninja 500 trade doesn't interest you.

Actually it does. But on my end there are some logistical and timing issues that need to be worked out first.

I recently picked up a project XX bike that's taking space and money. I'm also rebuilding my brother's ZX6. But it's almost done and will be out of the way.