CBR1100XX.org Forum

Quote for lightened,stroked,balanced & bored

CxBXR

Recently emailed EFR racing, for a package deal fo my XX , Quote included the following work:

Crank Stroked

Crank Lightened,

Crank Trued & Welded

& bored cylinder's to accept big bore kit (kit included ?)

& quote was with no cylinder head work.

All for $3500 ? I would probably only get 200hp or so. For that price I would rather go with a turbo setup.

Recently emailed EFR racing, for a package deal fo my XX , Quote included the following work:

Crank Stroked

Crank Lightened,

Crank Trued & Welded

& bored cylinder's to accept big bore kit (kit included ?)

& quote was with no cylinder head work.

All for $3500 ? I would probably only get 200hp or so. For that price I would rather go with a turbo setup.

Just for laughs, check with Jay at APE for pricing..

I'd guess the difference will be shocking.

Hank

How does something like that work? You remove the engine and send it to them? Do they do full final assembly? What could you save if you sent just the needed parts and finished it yourself?

And assuming you wanted to go all the way...what would have to be done to the head? What's a guesstimate on cost there? How streetable is 200 HP+ achieved like this? Would it get all peaky and obstinate as hell like my F bike seemed to do? Or is that just all taken care of in tuning the Power Commander? Any heat problems?

I have this thing against turbo's and NOS..... :icon_rolleyes: I just won't do it to an engine I like....and I really like the one I have :icon_twisted:. I just want a little more...200 is a plenty if I can still ride it to work. :icon_biggrin:

You're not going to get anywhere near 200 horsepower with those mods. All that is doing is giving you the basis for making more power. Think of it as jacking up your house and putting 4 foot thick concrete in for a foundation. Sure, its strong, but it don't make that great of a difference....except now you can build nine stories up without it falling over. Similarly, once you have that engine built, you can start feeding it lots and lots of combustibles....but you have to have a delivery system with it...heads, cams, injectors, throttle bodies, fuel pumps, power commanders, etc, etc......

Stroker crank 800-900 bucks,you are gonna need custom rods,900-1100 bucks,pistons 600-700 bucks,boring out another couple hundred,,,,,,,

With just displacement bump you won`t get nowhere near 200,,,,,,,,,just buy Northman`s bike,sell yours,easier and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper,,,,,,,,

Or buy new Busa or ZX14,,,,,

How does something like that work? You remove the engine and send it to them? Do they do full final assembly? What could you save if you sent just the needed parts and finished it yourself?

And assuming you wanted to go all the way...what would have to be done to the head? What's a guesstimate on cost there? How streetable is 200 HP+ achieved like this? Would it get all peaky and obstinate as hell like my F bike seemed to do? Or is that just all taken care of in tuning the Power Commander? Any heat problems?

I have this thing against turbo's and NOS..... :icon_rolleyes: I just won't do it to an engine I like....and I really like the one I have :icon_twisted:. I just want a little more...200 is a plenty if I can still ride it to work. :icon_biggrin:

I (mostly) followed Forrest on his turbo'd XX during the pre-hookers ride. I can tell you that from what I saw, for that thousand miles or so, his bike appeared to be as stable as any of the other rides. I imagine if the conversion is done right (and his is) it would be a dependable ride.

But-----200 HP with NO blowers or gas would be pretty awesome, and I don't think $3500 would be too steep.

You're not going to get anywhere near 200 horsepower with those mods. All that is doing is giving you the basis for making more power. Think of it as jacking up your house and putting 4 foot thick concrete in for a foundation. Sure, its strong, but it don't make that great of a difference....except now you can build nine stories up without it falling over. Similarly, once you have that engine built, you can start feeding it lots and lots of combustibles....but you have to have a delivery system with it...heads, cams, injectors, throttle bodies, fuel pumps, power commanders, etc, etc......

+1

Did he tell you how many cc it would be after boring/stroking?

Figure about 3HP for each 50cc and you won't be far off. You'll get a little bump in compression from the bigger bore assuming similar piston dome shape but you will still be a long way from 200 HP at the crank, never mind the rear wheel. You'll need cams, cylinder head work, more compression, etc.

To make 25% more power, you are gonna have to get 25% or more air into the engine and then come up with some way to increase the fuel delivery in proportion.

As stated above, the mods suggested will only provide the foundation for more performance, not the particulars.

It also provides a solid foundation for spending lots more money.

I spoke with a guy from Michigan today with an EFR stroker motor (1325cc's maybe) that made 200 RWHP. The tab...a tidy $15,000.00 prior to final tuning, motor only.

Makes Northman's bike jump out as the bargain it is...

At that price, it should have been sold the first day.

Hank

+1

Did he tell you how many cc it would be after boring/stroking?

I sent them a very detailed question's about the work & what I wanted & their reply to all was very vague to say the least. No specific detail's were included on their response ( I did ask)

I sent them a very detailed question's about the work & what I wanted & their reply to all was very vague to say the least. No specific detail's were included on their response ( I did ask)

That sounds like Elton :icon_lol:

Give him a call and he's likely to give you better details on the work.