CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mobil 1 now $22!!!!!!!

Pete in PA

You could always pull the ol' switcharoo.....

1. Take cheap oil into restroom at Wallyworld.

2. Pour cheap stuff into toilet.

3. Fill cheap bottle with good Mobile 1.

4. Casually exit restroom telling other customer "Whew! Don't go in there!"

5. Pay $4.99 for $22.00 worth of oil.

Oh yeah, important # 6..... call wife from jail when caught for petty theft and beg her to come pick you up.

Gotsta think like 'em to catch 'em.

Good luck with your quest, Sean.

I was at the local Wal-Mart a while back pricing Mobil One and the price for individual quarts was collectively considerably cheaper than buying it by the case. Go figure. Anyway, I went back to front of the store, got a pushcart and loaded up. Lesson is, check the price for each packaging configuration and buy the cheapest one.

No shit. Haven't gone in to buy any more yet, can't wait.

My room mate just bought 3 jugs at the old price.

Say, what's the best way to dispose of the 30 gallons of used oil we have? I was going to pour it into the ground, but someone said that was bad for the environment. He suggested burning it. Maybe I should just flush it.

Catch local wildlife, soak them in it and turn them loose. They will spread the oil over a larger area, lessening the enviromental impact. Birds are best, but don't soak their wings or their effectiveness at speading the oil is greatly diminished.

Think globally..........

The Wal-Mart stores in our area accept used oil. I think some of the auto parts stores do too. Burning it would be more fun. :grin:

Went to give my bird an oil change, thought I'll try the Mobil 1 go to auto shop $62 aussie :shock: About $35U.S for 4 liters now that is getting pumped up the arse.

Needless to say I did'nt get it.

Used oil with a little creosote makes some stuff that stinks much it'll treat in ground wood of any sort and prevent all rot and pest attach for 50 years or more. My grandfather used it this to prevent termite attacks in his home and it work. Never spent money on a pro for pest control.

Also made sure the rest of the family gave him some space for a few weeks too!