CBR1100XX.org Forum

new chain question

XXSTAR

can you tell a difference between the new chain and the old chain when it was new.

I have got to get a new chain. they are any where from 39.00 to 650.00 don't know what one to get thanks Ron

The EK chains are good and somewhat cheaper than the DID versions.

Get an O-Ring chain like the DID 530ZVM or the EK 530ZVX and you'll be set.

And the EK 530ZZZ is way better than the EK 530 ZVX. The EK chains also come with a shim tool that you slide behind the sideplate before you peen it down. It helps prevent you from over torquing it.

EK, RK, DID, and Tsubaki all make chains that will work on the XX. You need to go to their sites and look at their posted tensile strengths and applications to determine which ones will work. I know for a fact that the EK ZZZ, the DID ZVM, and the Tsubaki Sigma are all rated to go on an XX, and the Tsubaki is by far the least expensive of those three. I can't remember the RK one, but it is pretty expensive. I've had a Tsubaki on my bike for 22,000 miles and I have another one to go on it sitting right next to me. $110 with free shipping from www.chaparral-racing.com .

can you tell a difference between the new chain and the old chain when it was new.

It looks like English, but I got no idea what you're trying to ask.

I just installed the DID ZVM 530 chain on my Bird and it is a nice chain.

I did not realize just how bad my old chain was till I put the new one on. :icon_doh: :icon_redface:

The EK 530ZVX or ZZZ is what I ran on my Hayabusa and allot of guys with 200+HP bikes ran the same chain

http://www.ekchain.com/sport.htm

The ZVX is the chain I've been using. I've got around 22K on it with the new motor, and only had an issue with a bad master link (improperly installed). Other than that, it's holding up very well, and requires very few adjustments.

I put the ZZZ on the Turbo when I assembled the bike. It now has 3500 miles on it and was adjusted once at about 250 miles for the initial stretch....2 flats on the adjuster was all it took...Hank

It looks like English, but I got no idea what you're trying to ask.

looks like you are the only one that could not understand, I will type slow

if you used a say ek chain and went to a difference chain when the ek was wore out was the new chain say a rk new chain, is the chain that you went to better than the old ek chain when it was new???????????????

AIRBORNEXX: you may have to help me on this one. please interpet it for me thanks Ron

You will not notice a difference in one new chain vs. another. Unless, of course, you change the type of chain.

For longevity & performance, stick with a 530 X-ring chain, and buy the strongest one you can.