CBR1100XX.org Forum

pazzo levers

bajjer9

looking at the pazzo site for shortie levers

http://www.motomummy.com/pazzobrembo.html

for the bird they show 19X18 and 19X20 Brembo...what the hell is a Brimbo? and which one does the bird have? anyone?

The XX requires a special block to mount the brake lever, IIRC.

Contact Mike @ CTS Moto and he'll hook you up :icon_biggrin:

I just got some Pazzo levers from these guys on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/duncanmoto

I got a shortie for the brake and a long clutch so it is easy to hold in at lights.

You get to mix lever and adjuster color.

http://www.duncanmoto.com/EBAY%20FILES/ima...Long%20Ebay.jpg

for an XX? doesnt really matter I would rather pay 125 than 160 lol

put some pics up!

Anyone know what a Brembo is?

I ordred mine from some guy on ebay for 135 a set any color combo and they work great! I think his id is ctsmoto

Brembo is a Brand of Motorcycle Brakes

Expensive brand at that but very good, high quality stopping stuff !

They have made Hi end brake systems,discs etc for years. A lot of performance cars use them Brembo, Like Girling, AP etc :icon_wink:

ok thanks for the info guys but there are TWO different levers available for 97-03 according to pazzo. I was unaware of any brake cylinder differences between the years...were there indeed? which one do i choose? Yes i know i can CALL but i prefer not to, i prefer to find out the correct info as it pertains to my 97...anyone?

does our beloved XX have 18X19 or 18X20?

it does not have either, that is refering to Brembo's aftermarket brake master cylinder, I bought a used one for my 600rr track bike and the brake feels 2 times stronger than it did before.

ok thanks for the info guys but there are TWO different levers available for 97-03 according to pazzo. I was unaware of any brake cylinder differences between the years...were there indeed? which one do i choose? Yes i know i can CALL but i prefer not to, i prefer to find out the correct info as it pertains to my 97...anyone?

Your question has been answered several times, including the second post in this thread, complete with a link to CTS Moto.

Contact Mike, he's your only source for these levers, although he does sell them on eBay.

Brembo's are one of the, if not THE best master cylinders you can get for a bike. They increase stopping power tremendously and do it with only a pull of 1 finger (I did a big 1 finger stoppie yestday when I pulled up next to a buddy in his truck). I use a 18x20 on both of the RCs, along with some after market lines and HRC pads. The setup is overkill on the street but damn its sweet!!

$225 for a MC and you can drag a fat pig down in 75% the stopping distance of the OEM MC. Very progressive and linear stopping power.

FWIW......Mike and CTSMoto are the primary US distributor for Pazzo.

talk to XXTC also - he's got a set on his '99.

I've got a set of the gold shorties on my ZRX and absolutely love them. No issues at the lights either. :icon_thumbsup:

Your question has been answered several times, including the second post in this thread, complete with a link to CTS Moto.

Contact Mike, he's your only source for these levers, although he does sell them on eBay.

not trying to be a smart ass but you did not answer the question...you told me of an adapter block for the xx and suggested i go to cts moto and talk to mike. cts website links to pazzo...so no information there. and cts isnt the only source apparently..i supplied a link for another...now i know that the 19X18 and 19X20 numbers refer to aftermarket brembo cyclinders...THAT the answer to my question...Thank you RANDY

No problem! Mike at CTS had the adapters for the XX/Pazzo's milled himself. So if your wanting to put a set of Pazzos on the birds stock brake caliper you will need to call him and get an adapter from him. All Pazzos levers are the same, its the mounting piece thats unique to each bike.

• 3 years later...

Hey, Northman

I know that this is a very old post, but I am looking to buy a 19RCS Brembo brake ass'y (19x18/19x20) for a 97 CBR1100XX and see that you mention a mounting block for this installation. CTS is now out of business, so I was wondering if you have details of the mounting block, or tell me where I can get one, before I buy.

Kind Regards, Gary.

(gary.frost@xtra.co.nz)

looking at the pazzo site for shortie levers

http://www.motomummy.com/pazzobrembo.html

for the bird they show 19X18 and 19X20 Brembo...what the hell is a Brimbo? and which one does the bird have? anyone?

The XX requires a special block to mount the brake lever, IIRC.

Contact Mike @ CTS Moto and he'll hook you up :icon_biggrin:

Hey, Northman

I know that this is a very old post, but I am looking to buy a 19RCS Brembo brake ass'y (19x18/19x20) for a 97 CBR1100XX and see that you mention a mounting block for this installation. CTS is now out of business, so I was wondering if you have details of the mounting block, or tell me where I can get one, before I buy.

Kind Regards, Gary.

(gary.frost@xtra.co.nz)

Chris (Northman) was referring to the special block it takes to mount a Pazzo lever on a OEM master cylinder. If you're buying a 19RCS it should bolt right to the bar like any other master cylinder.