CBR1100XX.org Forum

knock sensor where is it?

XXSTAR

is there away to check to see if it is good, I would hate to order on and that not be the problem. I have a 97' XX will it work on a 99', is the knock sensor right above the water pump? thanks Ron

where is the KS on the motor?

Next to the thermostat housing.

who there

is there a way to check if the KS is working?

Not without a degree in electrical engineering. The only thing you can go by is the fault codes.

can the CCT be pick up by the KS and make the FI light come on?

No.

Now pay attention. If you have a 97, it came with a carburator. It didn't come with a knock sensor.

If you have a knock sensor, and a fuel injection light, its a 99 or newer.

(UNLESS someone has changed the head and added an injection system to your 97.)

I think Ron is saying he has a 99 Bird that he thinks the knock sensor is FUBARed on.

He also has a 97 that he thought he could take the KS off of, and use to troubleshoot on the 99.

Now he knows there's no KS on the 97, so he's got to figure out another way to diagnose the problem on his 99.

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Knock knock.....

Who's there?

Canoe?

Canoe who?

Canoe come out and play?

I think Ron is saying he has a 99 Bird that he thinks the knock sensor is FUBARed on.

He also has a 97 that he thought he could take the KS off of, and use to troubleshoot on the 99.

Now he knows there's no KS on the 97, so he's got to figure out another way to diagnose the problem on his 99.

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Knock knock.....

Who's there?

Canoe?

Canoe who?

Canoe come out and play?

My God Ben you have figured out the Ron :icon_eek:

On a 1999 Honda CBR1100XX, black with two wheels. where is the Knock Senor located on the motor? I know someone can answer this.

one more question. on the same bike above, if I am not wrong, the KS detects knock vibration from a knock, can the CCT cause enough vibration for the KS to pick up the vibration for the FI light to come on??? thanks Ron

On a 1999 Honda CBR1100XX, black with two wheels. where is the Knock Senor located on the motor? I know someone can answer this.

one more question. on the same bike above, if I am not wrong, the KS detects knock vibration from a knock, can the CCT cause enough vibration for the KS to pick up the vibration for the FI light to come on??? thanks Ron

Paging Organ Donor...

where is the KS on the motor?

Next to the thermostat housing.

who there

is there a way to check if the KS is working?

Not without a degree in electrical engineering. The only thing you can go by is the fault codes.

can the CCT be pick up by the KS and make the FI light come on?

No.

Now pay attention. If you have a 97, it came with a carburator. It didn't come with a knock sensor.

If you have a knock sensor, and a fuel injection light, its a 99 or newer.

(UNLESS someone has changed the head and added an injection system to your 97.)

Hey Ron ,,,,,,,,Look up,,,,look down,,,,,,look all around.....

For the love of God will someone with an Effeye 'bird please take a picture of the knock sensor and end this nonsense :icon_biggrin:

When I had my 97 XX stripped down I took a bunch of photos. I'll see if the knock sensor is visible in anyof them, probably not though... :icon_whistle:

I can offer my translation skills, but not much more, since my Bird doesn't have a KS.

It's looking like it's on the back of the engine, towards the rear wheel.

Is there anyone out there that can describe to Ron what it looks like (ON A 1999 BIRD, SINCE 97's DON'T HAVE ONE, WE KNOW, WE KNOW), and how the best way is to access it?

Come on, cut the guy some slack!