CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wing Help Needed

John01XX

I have a question that someone might be able to answer. A friend has a new Wing and I sent him some new LED front signal lenses from Clear Alternatives that include a Flash Rate Equalizer but Clr Alt tells me that the Equalizer has to be installed in the Nose of the wing. I spoke with Honda Directline and they told me that it is in the Nose but just under a piece of the Dash Plastic that is easily removed without tools. Supposedly remove Push-Pins and plastic panel and then the Equalizer is then plug-n-play.

Anyone know of an easy solution and what it takes to install the Equalizer ?

Just trying to help out a friend but then I have always believed that all Wing owners are assholes and are stupid, why else would they be riding a Wing ??

:icon_lol:

HEY! I resemble that remark!

I did what Dave COULD have done... used the search function on the Wing board.

You have to remove the windscreen, and a good deal of the dash plastic to get at it. It looks like it's right under the "Honda" emblem above the headlights. Most of the Wingers with 06 and newer bikes stay away from them, as they were frying their switches and fuses with them. The 05's and older didn't have the same problem.

If you really want LEDs in the front turn signals, I'd suggest you get away from the CA LED relay, and maybe see about wiring in separate ballasts in each turn signal.

Dunno what either option does to your warranty, though!

I'm just went with clear turn signals and regular bulbs. No warranty issues.