CBR1100XX.org Forum

clutch cover paint

flyinglow

I believe the black ones are powder coated.

Another option is to put a cover over them. Some of the covers go beyond gratuitous bling and protect the metal engine cover.

good luck getting a answer from these fuckheads. I have ask that too.

dont you mean fucktards?

Yes, please use the proper terminology! :icon_biggrin:

I did a lot of searching and found a post about a metallic paint pen from Wal Mart that was supposed to match the "gold".

Don't do it.

The Honda covers are more baby poop greenish-gold and don't match anything readily available that I could find.

I did some sanding and painted the covers black.

You can always take one to a painter's supply store and have them analyze it with a spectrometer and mix some paint for you. Some of the NAPA parts stores used to have this capability.

And don't call me all them thar nasty and high falliutin' names--- I might get the idea that I am special.

If you do get the paint analyzed, please post the formula for the rest of us idiots.

Man I can't imagine going to the trouble of painting the cover and then painting the fucking thing back to that awful color. Paint it black or chrome it.

I just ordered some colorite black and a 2 part clear for my XX wheels and it should be here Friday. I'll let you know how it looks if you want. They have some gold paint too.

May be junk, may do great. One of the finest bike paint jobs I've seen was done with rattle can. Of course it was primed right, wet sanded and coated with clear.