CBR1100XX.org Forum

disconnected hose?

bar10dah

When I pulled my airbox off last night, I noticed the hose that runs from between #2 & #3 carbs and up into my airbox was disconnected. WTF?! What would be the problems associated with this hose being disconnected? I know it's a breather of some sort, but I don't know what it really does.

when I changed my plugs last month the breather tube at the front of the airbox popped off and i didn't go back and resecure it, the bike runs fine but at stops i smell crankcase gases :bigpuke:

Guess i should fix that.....

Carbs? Huh, I've heard of those. Think I saw them in a museum once.

I'm guessing it's a vent hose, but hard to tell from the description alone. Do the other carbs have similar hoses? Where on the carb body do they attach?

I see signs of Motorsports having worked on your bike... :roll:

Actually, no. It was North Valley Honda. They did a great job with my bike. Well, except for that hose not being connected. Don't know if it wasn't secured at all, or just vibrated off.

Something that I've never seen a bike shop do before: When I got the bike back, I noticed it was VERY shiny! On the way home, I noticed it gleaming in the sun. At first, I just thought I was happy to see my baby back. Then it dawned on me, it was filthy when I dropped her off! North Valley Honda gave her a bath and shine! :grin: