CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone have a diet/weight loss program that works?

IndianaBob

There must be 800 diets out there. I have no idea what works etc.

There are way too many fast food restaurants out there :icon_silenced:

Also, if you go to regular chain restaurant like TGI Friday etc, they serve you a TON of food. If you grew up in the "You are not leaving this table untill all your food is gone. people in China are starving" era, You are programed to eat the whole damn thing!!!

fat-ass%20cat.jpg

I had wanted to lose 50 lbs for the summer last year, and instead gained 30 after TBME. I topped out at 291 before I got things under control. I lost the first 31 lbs. just by not cramming everything on my plate in my mouth. It took about 5 months. This January, I got serious about things and read through several before settling on Body for Life. In 8 weeks, I've dropped another 31 lbs- down to 228 as of today- and haved dropped my BMI from just over 30 to just under 20. I still have 4 weeks to go on this round, but am going to extend it out some, as I didn't start the excercise component until I was about 5 weeks into the diet end. I figure about 210 by the time OzarXX rolls around, and 200- my goal weight- by the time Hookers is here. I'm 6'5", so that's plenty enough for me. So, yeah, I can say I have one that works. :icon_biggrin:

Guest majic1

Yep! Its called the "Go to the Gym Instead of McDonalds for Lunch" diet. Also watch your glycemic index, cut out processed foods. I've dropped 25 pounds in five months, and need to loose more. Incentive is key, I need to pass a flight physical and lower my blood pressure.

Good luck!

Ed

I think they need to change the "horsepower gain support group" name. I didn't know this section was for help loosing weight.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Flitemdic, that is awesome. Keep up the good work. I'll have to check out that book.

Thanks

Go to the store, buy a book called The Abs Diet, read it, follow instructions.

It's so simple, even YOU can follow it!

But seriously, it's broken down in every way for you, including the foods you eat, how much and the exercises you do and how much and how often.

And best of all, it's easy reading.

THE ABS DIET! Paperback is a brite hunter orange color.

SMOOOOOOTHIES! YUM!

If you do not have hypertension, swing by your doctor and get an RX for Meridia. (shouldn't be a problem if you are 20% or more over ideal body weight) Costs about $80 a month, and you ahave to get weighed by MD each month for refills & most insurance plans do not cover it. BUT it puts a big grin on your face during the day and makes it hurt to eat. Doesn't usually affect your poo schedule, except it kind of makes enemas more fun. Also affects your boners for the better. It's MAIN side effect for me, anyway, is that it makes beer taste like shit.

It's always been good for a quick 20 pound slim for me.

Walk briskly for an hour at lunch and a half hour every morning before work if you can...if not after work. I walk 1/2 hr to the food court.....and 1/2 hour back every day for lunch and eat teriyaki usually. I listen to audio book CDs I check out at the library while I walk....makes it easy. Lost 25lbs doing this.

I know, I know... easier said than done (and I need to work on this big time as well) but just go move. Even if you just get out for a walk sometime, it's a LOT better than nothing. Not only will it help physically, but it usually helps you out mentally as well. I don't think I've honestly ever come back from a walk/ run and felt worse than when I left. Tired, sure... sore, probably, but you still feel a lot better about yourself then when you go to McD's!

Oh, and I don't know if this applies, but cut out pop, candy and fast food. If you can do that you'll probably lose some weight even without exercising.

try meth

'round these parts its called the "polk county diet" :icon_twisted:

but seriously...

I park at a hotel about a half mile from work, I make it a point to run over the 1/2 mile bridge every morning and afternoon......other than that, just use some common sense.....dont eat out alot if you dont have to, the less fast food the better. when you go to the grocery store, dont buy crap.....find healthier replacements that you like for the food you usually buy. You can buy all the diet books you want but unless something has changed, broccoli doesnt make you fat, its that fake cheese sauce shit you put on it..........re-evaluate your food prep methods to use less oils and fats.

And for gods sake, dont go buying into the marketing and thinking you can eat whatever you want all the time so long as its low-fat.........if you read the labels, there may be a bit less fat but it is replaced with sugars.............and then we all wonder why we are fat AND diabetis is an epidemic

I can help anyone that needs help...I can post something up if you'd like. But don't look at it as a diet...look at it as a lifestyle change.

+1 on the Body For Life ... I do things a little different but this is a good book.

• 2 weeks later...
I can help anyone that needs help...I can post something up if you'd like. But don't look at it as a diet...look at it as a lifestyle change.

+1 on the Body For Life ... I do things a little different but this is a good book.

+1 on everything saids so far. Well, maybe not everything.. Tapeworm? :icon_confused: . Excess body fat isn't a problem, it's a symptom. It is a symptom of eating habits, fitness level and metabolic inefficiencies.

I've been helping people lose excess body fat for over ten years now. There are things you can improve on once you've studied and been at it for a while, but Body-For-Life is the second best program I've encountered. It's easy to follow, the results are rapid enough to keep you motivated, and it addresses the psychology issues pretty well. I would recommend it to anyone.

Best program is one I only found last spring, and wish it had existed 10 years ago. It's a line of nutritional products called "Isagenix". Their "9 day program" is the most amazing thing I've ever encountered. I did it myself to get in shape for the summer, and lost more body fat faster during the program and in the weeks that followed than I did when I was using things labelled "For Veterinary Use Only" in my younger days. :icon_whistle: If you had told me what kind of results you can achieve using these products I would have laughed at you, until I experienced it firsthand.

I've now had a dozen friends and colleagues do the program all with amazing success.

Disclosure: Isagenix is a network marketing company, and I do sell the products.

The easiest way to get the products is to find a friend that sells them, you probably already know someone.

The best way to get the products is to get a Gym membership and ask one of the young spandex-clad hotties if they know where you can buy Isagenix products. Tell 'em you've heard it works great and they look like the kind of person who knows about such things. :icon_evilgrin:

If plan A or B fails, I can hook you up if you PM me... but please try option B first. :icon_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

When i am cutting bf, this is my diet.

Breakfast:

6 eggs ( 1 whole)

1 wheat bagel

2 turkey sausage or cold cuts

Snack:

Oatmeal

Protien shake

Lunch:

Chicken and veggies

Small portion of brown rice

Snack:

Meal replacement shake

Light dinner/snack before gym:

Oatmeal and coffee

Back from gym:

High calorie shake (50gm protien, 20+gm sugar)

Before bed:

Cottage cheese and a salad and 1 slice wheat toast.

I usually add some sort of meat.

Sounds like a lot of food, but it is all low glycemic index foods. This diet puts your metabolism on fire!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I had wanted to lose 50 lbs for the summer last year, and instead gained 30 after TBME. I topped out at 291 before I got things under control. I lost the first 31 lbs. just by not cramming everything on my plate in my mouth. It took about 5 months. This January, I got serious about things and read through several before settling on Body for Life. In 8 weeks, I've dropped another 31 lbs- down to 228 as of today- and haved dropped my BMI from just over 30 to just under 20. I still have 4 weeks to go on this round, but am going to extend it out some, as I didn't start the excercise component until I was about 5 weeks into the diet end. I figure about 210 by the time OzarXX rolls around, and 200- my goal weight- by the time Hookers is here. I'm 6'5", so that's plenty enough for me. So, yeah, I can say I have one that works. :icon_biggrin:

Damn Duane... that's killer. Didn't read that before. Good job!

Now let's take those clothes off and get some pics!!! :icon_evilgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've only lost like 18 pounds so far but I did it this way.. and I'm working on losing another 10 pounds

I'm down to like a 29-30" pants size which is good for me.

Drink as much water as you can handle.. I'm up to 2+ litres a day..

Eat a bigger lunch and a smaller dinner.. mostly salads for supper, with protein

haven't had chocolate in over a month..

Say "No" to junk food, no chips, and really cut back the pop..

Not totally cutting out carbs because it cause me to feel light headed but taking it easy on the pastas, breads.

I'm riding my horse more and taking Yoga but really other than that haven't changed my exercising much yet. As soon as it warms up I will get the mountain bike back out.. And apparantly Pilates helps lean you out, but I can't see most of you guys doing that!

I lost 15 pounds in about 4 weeks without trying anything other than eating a spinach salad for lunch. Dressing, cheese, avacado, etc were on it. But a giant salad with 800 calories is WAAAAY better than a giant lunch with 2000 calories. But that got old fast...

I dropped another 15 by using http://www.fitday.com to simply log my intake. I was absolutely floored when I ran the reports and saw how damn much food I was eating each day! So I didnt cut anything out of my diet, just didn't eat like a big fat-ass.

The cheap South Beach Diet paperback is a good read too for just explaining why some high calorie food is actually good in moderation and some low calorie crap is, well, crap. Avoid ANYHTING with "hydrogenated" in the ingredient list and make sure high calorie food has nutritional payback (no empty calories).

It IS a lifestyle change. I was programmed for 25 years to clean my plate and then I get ice cream for desert. I am trying like hell to change. I hate being fat. Lucky the XX has the torqe and HP to roll me around!

• 3 weeks later...

Did the Weight Watchers thing (no didn't go to meetings or that crap, just got the book and started counting points) with lots of mt. biking. Had a goal=20th Class reunion. Dropped 52 lbs and got well below my weight when I was 21. That was four years ago. Sadly, got lazy and started eating the crap around the office (and rediscovered my love of beer). Gained 30 back over the years. Just started point counting again today. Honeynut Cheereos for breakfast, a diet frozen dealy for lunch, something reasonable for dinner, and fat free frozen yogert for a late night snack. Eat all the veggies and most of the fruit you want. Its all about cals, and fat vs. fiber. Prunes pull double duty and a veggie heavy diet lets you blow the sheets off the dutch oven (for the wife's benefit) :icon_evilgrin: