CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wave Rotors

John01XX

:icon_biggrin:

It will be awhile before I get any rotors but I am gonna do it eventually.

Single guy only one major addiction and it happens to be the BlackBird so if and when I get the cash I will be doing wave rotors next.

Also, already spent way to much on bling for the Bird so it is to late now to stop. I am almost running out of idea's for extra's on my Bird.

:icon_biggrin:

Are there any advantages to wave rotors or is is just bling :icon_think:

As far as I know, the wave shape provides greater surface area to dissipate the heat - not that very many of us will ever push that limit. At the same time, I believe the Galfer wave rotors weigh roughly .4lb less than the stock rotors.

...I consider it far more bling than actual improvement, but then again I've never ridden on a bike with a set.

I'm running Galfer wave rotors on both wheels. I bought them last year to go with the Caroshiteia wheels.

I don't notice any real difference in performance, but they sure are blingy. :icon_lol:

The main advantage is they're cheaper by a fair margin than OEM replacements should you find yourself having to get some.

I noticed no difference in performance when I mounted them.

BTW, when Jim and I looked at his Galfers and my Braking rotors last year at OzarXX we noticed they were the exaxct same rotor with the exception of the name printed on the carrier.

Do the rotors fit all years (97-03)?

If I remember correctly, 97-98 is different from 99-03.

If anyone needs one or two, I have a set of used ones I recently bought from Ryan. Turns out I didn't really need them. I will be happy to keep them, but if anyone is SOL give me a yell. I think Warchild has a set in outstanding condition also, FWIW.