CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pics of PCII mounted???

BIG BOY

i'm not positive but i think the mounting point for the pc3 is the same as the pc2? if so, you can relate to these pics if you'd like... :cool:

20034138965679860893735.jpg20034135488261295579561.jpg

I stuck mine on top of the stock ecu with velcro. It's clear back under the tail section and is out of the way.

i think ya'll been playing your 'Disturbed' cd a little too loud lately....

:shock:

:grin:

... all in good fun

YA'LL ARE A CRACK UP!

question is, if i mount it on the other side, won't i get more torque? :shock:

question is, if i mount it on the other side, won't i get more torque?

In the US maximum torque is gained by placing it on the right side. If you went to a more enlightened country that drives on the other side of the road, then the left side would give you more torque. In either case, max torque is always achieved while sitting still at traffic lights and reduces proportionally to the distance and speed from said traffic light.

Just a suggestion - As with most electronic equip. - it is ment to be kept as cool as possible. That being said, I would not stack the ECU & PC on top of each other.

If you notice, Honda has put rear ducts (which are functional) in the tail section, I can only guess that the functionality is to make sure the ECU stays cool as possible; though I don't know if it runs warm or not - I never

put my hand on it during / after a ride.

The easiest place to locate the PC is where the tool pouch was, I just put the tool pouch off to the left - and cut a notch in the plastic the allow for the serial port to protrude from the side. The rubber straps work fine to hold everything in place.