CBR1100XX.org Forum

More horsepower from a Scooter?

PlasticxxHead

Is there any way to up the horsepower of a small 125cc scooter... ie punch the stock exhaust "blackbird style?"

air filter swap or drill out... ??

Any help would be great...

I have seen a few small engines that the factory uses different sized carbs on them to change the horse power output.

When I worked in the Marine business ,that was the case on a few of the Evinrude and Mercury outboard motors. Seen it on lawn equipment as well.

Check out the next model up, maybe a simple carb swap will next you a horse or two ... :icon_think:

Is there any way to up the horsepower of a small 125cc scooter... ie punch the stock exhaust "blackbird style?"

pete , there isn't a way known to man that will get that poor scooter over 25mph with you on it......I think I saw some where 7lbs equals 1hp, at that rate it has negative hp......

NBL

What kind of scooter is it? There is TONS of hotrod stuff out there for 2 stroke scooters. Big bore kits, bigger carbs, high comp. heads, you name it. Just Google the model of the scoot plus "performance parts".

Search: "Titanium wheel chair + performance parts"

:icon_biggrin:

pete , there isn't a way known to man that will get that poor scooter over 25mph with you on it......I think I saw some where 7lbs equals 1hp, at that rate it has negative hp......

NBL

That is not exactly true Mack. He could bolt a XX motor on it. :icon_lol:

NBL

That is not exactly true Mack. He could bolt a XX motor on it. :icon_lol:

Hey !!!!!!!!

we could do a Radar O'Reily..............we each mail a part of the bird to him.....................