CBR1100XX.org Forum

What is stock gearing/sprockets for the XX?

BarryG

I need to order sprockets to go with the new chain.....not sure how to tell if they're shot really but figured I'd do it all together.

I wan't to keep stock gearing.....is it 15/43??

FYI...I have an '02 in case that matters.

Thx,

BarryG

17/45 in North America.

If you are still considering one of the chain sets you mentioned, the "set" part means that it comes with sprockets.

Because of your proximity, I'd recommend White Buffalo Racing. They generally have the chain and the sprockets, although the front won't be a Honda dampened one. Remember also there's probably minimal wear or need to replace of the rear sprocket at this low mileage.

17/45 in North America.

If you are still considering one of the chain sets you mentioned, the "set" part means that it comes with sprockets.

Because of your proximity, I'd recommend White Buffalo Racing. They generally have the chain and the sprockets, although the front won't be a Honda dampened one. Remember also there's probably minimal wear or need to replace of the rear sprocket at this low mileage.

Bikebandit informed me that the chain "set" no longer contains the sprockets since they don't carry the OEM XX ones anymore, so I will need to order one.

So at 19500...the rear sprocket should be ok?....so just a 17T front sprocket is all I really need? I can just order a JT one from bikebandit.

Correct, but I sure hope they aren't charging you upwards of $200 for a chain.

Like $239...which I cancelled.....w/no restocking fee since the site suggests the sprockets come with it.

Ebay has the stock new chain for around $60 shipped.

The $60 Ebay price seems LOW to me----be sure of what your getting. Cheap (not necessarly the same as low priced) can cost A LOT of money in the long run----word to the wise----happy trails kel

Also Barry----if your staying with stock gearing----I would suggest staying with a stock front sprocket with the dampner----it does make a difference----the Honda engineers earned their money on that one. Some times you just can't afford to save money----------happy trails kel

Not a chance with that type of master link. Get a name brand---rated for the bike---I use DID ZVM. The bitterness of low quality lasts long after the sweetness of low price-----happy trails kel

Not a chance with that type of master link. Get a name brand---rated for the bike---I use DID ZVM. The bitterness of low quality lasts long after the sweetness of low price-----happy trails kel

Ok...I'll get a good chain....seemed low to me too. Do X-ring chains work on an XX?

I need to order sprockets to go with the new chain.....not sure how to tell if they're shot really but figured I'd do it all together.

Thx,

BarryG

17/45 chain 530 x 112 These are the numbers for years 2000 - 2003. There is a sprocket/chain kit available from Honda (Honda Code # 6112049 only available from Davenport, IA warehouse) priced at $339.97 retail. However, a Regina sprocket/chain kit is available for $218.95 retail.

Thx,

BarryG

17/45 chain 530 x 112 These are the numbers for years 2000 - 2003. There is a sprocket/chain kit available from Honda (Honda Code # 6112049 only available from Davenport, IA warehouse) priced at $339.97 retail. However, a Regina sprocket/chain kit is available for $218.95 retail.

Think I'm just gonna go with the DID 530 ZVM

White Buffalo Racing shows it for 133+tax& shipping from Rosamond,Ca. I have done business with them----good people. Happy trails kel

White Buffalo Racing shows it for 133+tax& shipping from Rosamond,Ca. I have done business with them----good people. Happy trails kel

I ordered from them.....128.75 for gold/black version 110 link ZVM

I've got 21k miles on mine, rear sprocket good very good, chain has a few tight links but looks good overall. I'm going to try and clean it real well first. I have not noticed any symptoms of worn our chain/sprockets. I'm also not in the red zone. It seems like the chain has worn little in the 7,000 most highway miles on it.

Where would I get an 18 tooth front and 45 tooth rear?

I don't understand why some want to reuse the rear sprocket, it's cheep just replace it for piece of mind. If it's got a bad wear pattern it will transfer to the chain. I'd just rather spend the extra $40 and replace it.

You can get a new Honda brand rear sprocket for $40?

Great buy Barry-------hope you have many happy trails---------kel

I thought the OE specs for the sprockets was 17/44. Same as the old CB900F's.

I have been using an RK chain, the biggest one they make and they stretch a lot.

Does anybody know if the DID chain is any better, or a REGINA?

My wifes bike, a GPZ900R,(87 model) with a few mods, has a REGINA chain on it, and its been good.

At 100kmh/60mph, the kwaka pulls away for a little bit, then the bird reels it in, quick, so the kwaka isn't too bad on the power side of things.

I don't know which is the best----I have used DID for several rears on different bikes. Only used the ZVM on the Bird. Use the next one down, VM?, on the Speed Triple(900)---both have been very good. Little streatch first 3K or so-----after that they have been very stable----no more than 2 little adjustments between rear tire changes. For now---that's good for me--------happy trails kel

Just had my chain replaced with a 530zvm2 and asked the stealer for oem front and rear sprockets. oem for my 2000 bird is 17/44. Looked online and some places say 17/45 and some say 17/44, so I looked in my Honda service manual, and nowhere does it say what the correct number is, but it did have a couple of pics of the sprocket, so I counted, and found 44teeth in both pics. So I'm wondering if the manual was for European models but all it says is printed in the usa. I wish I asked for the old sprocket so I could see for myself what the fuck the right count was. :icon_wall: . all I wanted was a stock replacement.

Oh and the dealer fucked up on the chain order which thanks to Ruhi, caught it in time to order the right one before it was installed. originally I had asked for the best chain availiable and the dealer said that the 530vm was. It pays to know exactly what you need, because no one cares about your bike but you.

rant over