CBR1100XX.org Forum

Quick 'n' easy electrical filter?

RXX

Do I start at the very beginning of the stuff, or do I have to filter each component separately? The buzz from any and all of my electronics is annoying. Any electronic help will be appreciated!

Do I start at the very beginning of the stuff, or do I have to filter each component separately? The buzz from any and all of my electronics is annoying. Any electronic help will be appreciated!

What component(s) make noise, and what are you hearing the noise on?

As a general point, one should start by filtering at the noise source. After that is done you then start to examine the other side where the noise is being received.

I assume you mean the ground loop hum you hear from your mp3 player, radar detector, or gps being plugged in to the bikes 12v power?

I assume you mean the ground loop hum you hear from your mp3 player, radar detector, or gps being plugged in to the bikes 12v power?

Yes. It has been noticeable from the get go, I got a filter from autocom and it didn't seem to help much. I TRIED to keep wires from sources of interference, but maybe I did not do a great job. I may try a filter going into my new fuse block, but am unsure what kind of filter to get.

I have radar detector, satellite radio, MP3 player and phone all hooked into the autocom. When they are all unplugged, the noise is still there, so am I correct in assuming it is in the autocom itself?