CBR1100XX.org Forum

Can someone help essss-plain ?

DaveK

This is the hot ticket to complete your Low Profile L.E.D. Taillight package. Should you decide to install the rear L.E.D. Turn Signal Inserts without a Run-Turn-Brake Controller, they include a Load Equalizer.

Basically I am changing all the bulbs to LED's and they say just remove the bulb and plug in the LED PAK, snap on the lense and GO.

I don't understand the highlighted part...

What do they mean by Run-Turn-Brake Controller ?

Will I need the load equalizer ?

Are they saying...if I want to turn my rear brake light into a brake light AND turn signals I will need something ?

Confused.

This is the hot ticket to complete your Low Profile L.E.D. Taillight package. Should you decide to install the rear L.E.D. Turn Signal Inserts without a Run-Turn-Brake Controller, they include a Load Equalizer.

Basically I am changing all the bulbs to LED's and they say just remove the bulb and plug in the LED PAK, snap on the lense and GO.

I don't understand the highlighted part...

What do they mean by Run-Turn-Brake Controller ?

Will I need the load equalizer ?

Are they saying...if I want to turn my rear brake light into a brake light AND turn signals I will need something ?

Confused.

Turn signals are basically, an RC circuit, meaning that the resistor size (in this case, the load of the regular bulb) controls how fast the capacitor charges up, or discharges or something. Therefore, when you change the load (meaning, change to LED lamps, instead of regular bulbs), the turn signals will flash very fast, like it would if you had a bulb burnt out...

The load equalizers are just a resistor you put in parallel with the LED lights, and they sit there and burn up electricity to make the flasher can think it's got a regular light bulb on there...

The other way to do it, and actually save energy is; get an electronic flasher can, which doesn't care what load it's got on it, it just flashes at a given rate, no matter what.

Mike

I appreciate the help...big time.

So will I need the load thingy? Is it hard to install ?

Thanks Mike.

If you didn't buy the electronic flasher module to replace your flasher can, you will need the load resistors... They shouldn't be hard to install, but you might just hook it up first and see what it looks like...

Mike

ie, if you DON'T upgrade to their "run-turn-brake controller", you can use the INLCUDED load equalizer. Sounds like it comes with it, dillweed.

ie, if you DON'T upgrade to their "run-turn-brake controller", you can use the INLCUDED load equalizer. Sounds like it comes with it, dillweed.

I agree with Organ...

If you aren't doing it to save power than go with the resistors(sounds like they are included), if you want to save electrical power get a electronic flasher..