CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wheel Spacer Help

Eric_The_Jew

I had my rear wheel off today to get a new tire mounted. I took the axle spacers out and removed the cush drive to clean everything really well. However, I noticed while playing around on the parts microfiche earlier that there are two different part numbers for the left and right axle spacers. I paid no attention to which spacer went on which side when I installed the wheel earlier today.

My question is, are these things idiot proof to where they will only fit on the correct side? This is really starting to bug me, because i'm obsessive compulsive and i'm starting to wonder if I installed them correctly.

Could one of the resident experts help me out here?

I never really paid attention to the difference between the 2. I'm guessing one is longer than the other. Anyhow you're looking for the correct alignment between the front and rear sprocket. So you'll have to do some quick trial and error. Mount it, check alignment if it's good you got the spacers correct, if not switch the spacers.

When I pull my wheels I set each spacer on the swing arm or the lift on the side it came off of.

Guest rockmeupto125

I know I know it's crazy they only get dirty again :icon_lol:

Ding.

When I think of all the time I spent riding that I could have instead been cleaning my bike.....

Well, if anyone is planning on removing their rear wheel in the near future, I would appreciate it if you would give these spacers a quick look over just so I can rest easy. Basically, check to see if they are different diameters and if they are idiot proof. So I won't have to pull of my rear wheel again just to check :icon_confused:

When I think of all the time I spent riding that I could have instead been cleaning my bike.....

Sort of like all the time you spend washing your socks instead of wearing them. :icon_biggrin:

What you actually wash your socks :icon_eek:

Haven't you got a woman for that :icon_wink::icon_lol::icon_lol: J/K

referring to which side has which spacer, the left side or sprocket side spacer has a bigger outside diameter than the right side or rotor side spacer. inside diameters are the same because they sit on the axle!

referring to which side has which spacer, the left side or sprocket side spacer has a bigger outside diameter than the right side or rotor side spacer. inside diameters are the same because they sit on the axle!

I'm an idiot.....I was confusing this post with my other post regarding front wheel differences between models. Thanks so much bear. Now I can sleep easy. You didn't go taking off your rear wheel just to answer my question, did you?

Unless you have the special edition 2wd bird only one wheel has a sprocket :icon_wink:

:icon_lmao:

I want the 2WD version for the winter here when the snow flies. :icon_biggrin:

Nope just ran into the garage where I have an entire rear wheel assembly with spacers! took about 5 seconds to note the difference, I have dymag wheels so my spacers are set in the hub!

My question is, are these things idiot proof to where they will only fit on the correct side? This is really starting to bug me, because i'm obsessive compulsive and i'm starting to wonder if I installed them correctly.

Could one of the resident experts help me out here?

Maybe this will put your mind at rest...

In my opinion they are idiot proof, you can only install them one way. If you swap the collars by accident, your wheel won't fit.'

IPB Image