CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyway to more power over stock? anyone with Dyno numbers?

Godspeed409

Hello all.. Just got a 2000XX Bird in Fantastic shape.. no a scratch or ding anywhere... upgraded from a sv650.. Love the power the bikes got, brings a smile to my face every time..

I kicked over the idea of a Hyabusa before buying the bike, but the blackbird was so much easyier (For me) to look at. Anyway... Im going to do the Power Commander III, with a custom map... i want to do a full exhaust but keep the twin mufflers (Ideas on brand anyone?)... and a K&N is already on the way..

Ive read that the birds tend to do between 130 and 140 RWHP stock.. IS there anyone with similar mods that can give me an idea of the power there making? Any other ways to make more power that im missing? (Without spending an arm and a leg) Thanks...

Im a local at my dragstrip and would love to race the bike a few times next year...

Hello Mr. 409 & welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to gain performance on the XX is with the exhaust change. The problem that you will encounter is that not many companys make a full system with the dual cans. The factory exhaust system is pretty heavy and you'll loose 20 something lbs with an aftermarket single sided system. That's a big weight loss! As for power, for instance, my 01' dyno'd 136 HP with the stock exhaust but fell off bigtime over 9K rpm. I now have a set of Two Bro's Ti slip ons and a PCIII custom mapped and I make 141 hp. but the power doesn't fall off now. Full systems seem to net around a 6-10 hp gain over slip on's when mapped correctly.

Take it to the track in stock configuration and see what it'll do. My best so far was a 10.55 wit a set of D&D's and a K&N. I'm going back to the track this Wednesday night if it doesn't rain. :icon_pray:

I'm not sure if anyone makes a full system with dual exhaust anymore. I went with scorpion slip on's because I wanted to stay with dual pipes. My bike dynoed at 136 stock, and 146 with the slip on's and a custom map.

I've got a Two Bros. 4-2-1 header with C/F can, K&N filter and a PCIII using the map from Power Commander. Never drag raced a bike before last weekend and ran a 10.92@132 on my 5th run. I haven't had it dynoed yet so I won't be able to give before and after numbers but the SOTP dyno tells me that I've got more grunt down low than I did with the stock header and Two Bros. Ti cans.

I would like to do some tuning on it this winter as well as going +1/-1 on the sprockets. I'm also planning on strapping the front end when/if I drag again.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You'll need to paint the bike Accurate Silver to get the most speed out of the bike. It's been proven that it's the fastest color out there. :icon_evilgrin:

Two Bro C5 Tit slip one, K&N, Pc iii, dynoed @ 140 ish rwhp, no flat spots. Can't find a set of headers that work with the slip ons. Enjoy the ride.

Yep, I concur, Two bros 4-1 will also give about 146 hp at rear wheel...had mine dyno'd couple of years ago.

I've got an old carbd' 97' XX. Stock it turned 130.53hp after the K&N airfilter, Dyno Jet Stage 1 jet kit, and TwoBros dual carbon fiber slipons it dynoed 135.98hp.

Seems I'm about 5hp under most you guys with FI bikes with similar mods. Is this typical? is there about a 5hp difference between carb and FI. Is my XX maybe not running right? or was the dyno tighter?

My girlfriends dads Haybusa with full HMF exhaust, K&N, PCIII, and Ivans TRE, only spun 159hp which I thought was alittle low. Since there have been so many hayabusa threds lately, I attached a photo of the XX the day after I bought it with his Busa.

My best quarter mile time was 10.51@ 134mph I weight about 210 to 215lbs, run 16T front sprocket stock rear sprocket, tires at 28psi, and strapped front.

post-2285-1161725255_thumb.jpg

I'll start by saying that my 01 is stock except for a K&N air filter.

I have been reading how to get more output for years. Powercommanders and K&N looked so good.... Then most said that the PC will get rid of flat spots in the curve but not really add power with stock exhaust. K&N is ok if you need to clean or change airfilters often, but probably not a great power improvement. Exhaust is the best place to start, followed with the PC to adjust for the better flow.

For me, I will keep the quiet, stealh cans.

I KNOW the XX is more bike than I am rider. I plan to improve the suspension, and continue to get track days and training to improve the weak link in the package.....ME.

Ride her for a few months, she may be what you want stock. Check out the sale section. There are great deals from time to time.

Welcome to the forum, If you choose to modify, the people here are a great resourse.

Craig

A long time ago I took my stock '00 XX and added an Akra, removed the PAIR system, and did some dyno tuning. I played with timing and fuel for a good few hours and found that 143 was about all I was going to get out of it.

That was corrected HP (SAE) and no funny business either. A friend of mine had done the Yosh RS3 on his carbed bird and we tweaked the snot out of it as well and landed a smidge higher on HP but the same amount lower on torque. His had ~15000 miles, mine with ~2500 miles. So, 143 seems a reasonable number for a 4-2-1, I have no experience on 4-2 exhaust. (I would stay away from 4-1-2, however).

And then the HP addiction began, which is a whole other thread...

My '98 came in at 138.5 RWHP (Rear Wheel Horse Power)on the dyno about two months ago. It also fell off around nine and a half. I was told it was the jetting and that the needles are'nt hitting/setting right... I never had trouble with the drop until after I had it serviced at a local dealer. They said they set it to specs.. I woulkd've been happier had they set it to Performance..I was told it had a first stage kit when I bought it and it also has the Vances & Hines SS2 Dual Slip on pipes, which are no longer available. It will now be going to Lee's Cycle here in San Diego to get it all the bugs worked out. The dealer did'nt want to take responsibility...nice.. I will let you know what it dyno's when I'm done.