CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cycle Gear tire sale?

testrider

• 2 weeks later...

Cycle Gear is having a sale of $160 for a set of front/rear Diablo Supersport tires. Is this is a good tire as far as traction and thread life?

Thanks.

Whatever tires you get at Cycle Gear check the "Born On Date" as the last set I looked at were three years old.

Whatever tires you get at Cycle Gear check the "Born On Date" as the last set I looked at were three years old.

In this case age shouldn't be a problem as the SuperSport is a new tire, IIRC.

I bought a set of Metzler M3's from Cycle Gear last spring, they had recently been introduced and the dealerships did not have them yet.

But it is always a good idea to check the BOD.

I know the Pirelli Diablo Combo sale is sold out per web site, it said some stores may still carry some tires.

I was thnking of calling the nearest store to try and purchase at sale price good tomorrow, but I know nothing of these tires.

They stick pretty well?

How about longevity? (Metzler M1 rear only last 3k, so their combo is really not that appealing)

Thanks.

The Cycle Gear in Tucson had them as of today. I think they transfer between stores fairly easily as I have had several items shipped in foe no additional cost. PM CBR1100XXFlame, he has a set he bought several months ago.

Tim

Had a set of the Diablos. Hated them. Yes they had great stickyness. But I got less than 6000 miles out of them. Don't know if it was a symtom or what but I also got two nails in the two rears. I got a deal and bought two at the same time. Went through both in the same amount of time it takes me to go throught 1 Dunlop. Didn't fell any "real" world difference between. Dunlops lasts twice as long as have the same or close to it stickyness.

I have run the M1's for my last 4 sets. I usualy get about 5 to 6 k before I can see lincons head. I'll change them than as I ride in the rain frequently. Great tire. Not a track tire but I'm not riding on the track.

I just bought a set of the Diablos today. Most the reveiws I read were good. I'll post after I get some miles on them.