CBR1100XX.org Forum

Electrical question

Dotetcher

One of the female coax connections on one of my Gerbing gloves broke right at the plug. I was able to buy another plug that I'm going attach to the end of the wire coming from the glove. The question is does it make a difference which way the wires are spliced together? Don't wanna short anything out.

One of the female coax connections on one of my Gerbing gloves broke right at the plug. I was able to buy another plug that I'm going attach to the end of the wire coming from the glove. The question is does it make a difference which way the wires are spliced together? Don't wanna short anything out.

yes...theoreticly(sp) they will still work but I would maintain the right polarity as designed

agreed but if there is some sort of diode regulator inside the gerbing jacket it wont work correctly...I never had one open to know myself

There shouldn't be any doide regulator, because it's running DC, and there is not any zenier voltage regulation or anything, because that diode would be pretty big to handle that much power...

Mike

agreed but if there is some sort of diode regulator inside the gerbing jacket it wont work correctly...I never had one open to know myself

There shouldn't be any doide regulator, because it's running DC, and there is not any zenier voltage regulation or anything, because that diode would be pretty big to handle that much power...

Mike

on second thought your right

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Now my hands won't have to wait "2-4 weeks" for a warranty repair through Gerbing. Twas in the upper 20's when I left for work this morning. Had to scrape the ice offen the Corbin.

I love heated gear! :icon_dance:

Is your Corbin heated?

No. Though I have ridden my buddies GS 1150 Adventure which does have one. Pretty nice 'cept when its 90 degrees out and the fuckers turned the seat and the heated grips on high just before we got on the interstate and I have no idea what the fucks going on other than my ass and my hands are VERY warm and uncomfortable. He's a funny guy.