CBR1100XX.org Forum

18T front

SBBXX

this 18t sounds like a good mod. i have a speedo healer, but would like to try a 18t. since theres no real chance, in acceleration. but i'am wondering, Do'es honda have a 18t with damper and if so, from which bike year, or year's can we use?

Do'es honda have a 18t with damper and if so, from which bike year, or year's can we use?

I don't think they do, other thread before asked and no one could come up with one. I believe the VFR is 16T is direct replacement and has a damper but that's the wrong way...but I could be wrong...

Guest rockmeupto125

this 18t sounds like a good mod. i have a speedo healer, but would like to try a 18t. since theres no real chance, in acceleration. but i'am wondering, Do'es honda have a 18t with damper and if so, from which bike year, or year's can we use?

Its been well-researched, Don....the answer is no.

[attachmentid=4180]

Well thats' that. i'am not to happy with the 16t, run out of speed for me when iam with my busa buddy's. i will try the numbers above to see which sprocket number is right. thanks Joe

oh darn...i tried to post a pic of my bird.

Well thats' that. i'am not to happy with the 16t, run out of speed for me when iam with my busa buddy's. i will try the numbers above to see which sprocket number is right. thanks Joe

bb3.bmp

I didn't know what I was missing. It was an easy mod to perform and as another member had stated allows me to do just about all of my around town cruising while in 3rd gear. It is also nice to know that while increasing my mpg by approx. 10% I am traveling at my indicated speed.

The part was about $25 shipped priority from the great people at white buffalo racing. I had it in two days and I'm on the east coast. You couldn't deal with a nicer bunch of people. I had tried to get this part a few weeks ago and they did not have them in stock. They've got em' now...don't hesitate.

CBR1100XX AFAM SPROCKET PAGE

It is also nice to know that while increasing my mpg by approx. 10% I am traveling at my indicated speed.

I have to say that I have not noticed any appreciable increase in MPG with the 18T sprocket,

but it is a fact that the speedo reads almost correct with the increase of one tooth (confirmed

with my GPS).

It is also nice to know that while increasing my mpg by approx. 10% I am traveling at my indicated speed.

I have to say that I have not noticed any appreciable increase in MPG with the 18T sprocket,

but it is a fact that the speedo reads almost correct with the increase of one tooth (confirmed

with my GPS).

The reason you're not seeing any mpg difference is, your odometer is also changed by the same % as the speedo, so you've actually ridden more miles than your ODO says...

Mike

with my GPS).

The reason you're not seeing any mpg difference is, your odometer is also changed by the same % as the speedo, so you've actually ridden more miles than your ODO says...

Mike

Yep, add 6% to your current gas mileage. Ignition advancer also helps with power AND mileage.