CBR1100XX.org Forum

weight of stock exhaust

Mitch_1100xx

well as some of you know i was planning on putting the d&d drag pipe, which has gotta be one of the lightest (and some would argue cheapest quality) exhausts out there so i was trying to size up exactly how much weight i would lose, which i understand to be around like 25-30 lbs which is serious weight. i didnt relize just how massive the stock pipes are. i was wondering just genrally , those of you with full systems and a k and n filter if you are producing a descent amount of power. if you lose the centerstand and heavy kickstand and replace it with a billet one, you can lose huge weight and probably get the same speed or close to that of the zx12 or busa. if you drop like 25-30lbs and produce around 5 rwhp (there abouts) it should give the xx a young feel again.

I dont know what gearing your currently running, but in the Quarter mile a 16T front sprocket makes the XX much faster. Since most of us only run in the low 130mph's in the quarter the 16t is a good option, and with a little practice launches can be very powerful and efficient, this should help in your hunting of ZX12's and busas

I dont know what gearing your currently running, but in the Quarter mile a 16T front sprocket makes the XX much faster. Since most of us only run in the low 130mph's in the quarter the 16t is a good option, and with a little practice launches can be very powerful and efficient, this should help in your hunting of ZX12's and busas

actually what i did was went with 18 in the front. i find with the stretch the back end breaks crazy and the revs come up instant with anything less. plus when i run the nitrous, the lower gearing goes to quick. off the line i already rip stock busas off the line, but at this point ide like to run them in top end. if i can drop weight and add like 15 hp through some smaller stuff then with the 40 shot i should be able to rip them in the top end to. When i get a good 5000 rpm launch (though i usually dont do that) the high gearing and rpms make the bike so fast, and if i can drop weight and gain some power then it should feel like i have a 16 tooth.

oh yea i get way better gas milage!!! lol

Mitch;

If you really want to dump some weight then ditch the factory headpipe along with the factory cans. THe factory headpipe is a bit restrictive around the collector which an aftermarket pipe like and Akro totally solves. THe slip on's are typically worth 4-6 hp at best over the slip on's. Either or, you'll want to get it mapped.

BTW,

On motor, what are your best times and mph ?

Mitch;

If you really want to dump some weight then ditch the factory headpipe along with the factory cans. THe factory headpipe is a bit restrictive around the collector which an aftermarket pipe like and Akro totally solves. THe slip on's are typically worth 4-6 hp at best over the slip on's. Either or, you'll want to get it mapped.

BTW,

On motor, what are your best times and mph ?

in all honesty i really dont know, ive done alot to the bike since the last time i checked, like it wouldnt even be close anymore. see i plan on ditching the whole stock exhaust engine back. and replacing it with the d&d pipe then ill get the bike dynod and mapped. i hope to around 190 rwhp with nitrous. they say a bone stock one makes like 135 rwhp or somthing. when and if i get this all done, beginning of next season im gunna hit the strip, get some official times.