CBR1100XX.org Forum

Battery Tender Wiring Question

jblackbird2000

So after my last bout of electrical problems, I've decided that I should start using my battery tender more regularly, especially with the colder weather coming up. But because I'm lazy, I hate taking my seat off and using the clips on my battery terminals. I would like to start using that fused wire that comes ready to install on the terminals.

However, I can't seem to find a good spot to route the wire so it's convenient and out of the way.

Here's a pic of the wire that I'm talking about. It's the one in the foreground of the pic.

Where to put the thing? Anyone have any good suggestion?

Thanks,

Jay

IPB Image

So after my last bout of electrical problems, I've decided that I should start using my battery tender more regularly, especially with the colder weather coming up. But because I'm lazy, I hate taking my seat off and using the clips on my battery terminals. I would like to start using that fused wire that comes ready to install on the terminals.

However, I can't seem to find a good spot to route the wire so it's convenient and out of the way.

Here's a pic of the wire that I'm talking about. It's the one in the foreground of the pic.

Where to put the thing? Anyone have any good suggestion?

Thanks,

Jay

IPB Image

I still use the clips since the seat is so easy to remove. On my CB900 I have a cigarette lighter type socket that I plug the tender into since the seat is a PITA to remove.

Mine's routed such that the plug lays just above the grab handle in the cowl. Easy access through the cowl openning and out of the way when not in use.

I did the same.

I have mine routed out through the little gap between the Corbin and the tank on the

left side of the bike. It fits well there, and I can push it under the seat just a bit when

it's not in use, yet still be able to pull it out for hookup.

I have mine routed out through the little gap between the Corbin and the tank on the

left side of the bike. It fits well there, and I can push it under the seat just a bit when

it's not in use, yet still be able to pull it out for hookup.

Same here. Fits really well.