CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gas smell after shutdown

slinger5150

Right after I shut down the bike I get a strong gas smell. I checked for leaks under the tank and there are none. Its a 2000 so all the gas lines are under pressure. There's two vent tubes coming down in front of the rear tire. The thicker one goes right up to the bottom of the fuel tank. The thinner one goes up under the tank area and isn't attached to anything. Is this my problem? It wouldn't be doing any good not attached. I know I'll get some gas fumes off the exhaust, but this seems to be coming from under the tank area. Anyone have a clue?

I had a couple of the air breather tubes come loose from the air box it also smelled like fuel until I got them fastened proper.

I'll check the airbox and see if thats where the hose is loose from. Thanks.

The thicker tube is the fuel overflow and the thinner one is the tank vent. How is your gas mileage? Take off the tank again and check all your vent lines into the throttle body. And hook up that tank vent line, it connects to a small nipple right under the tank.