CBR1100XX.org Forum

full sysytem

Canadian Bird

I have 2 Bro C 5 Tit. slip ons. Is a header available that lets me keep the pair of slip ons? I like the look ot dual pipes.

I have one actually. It is from Japan. Made by TSR (Technical Sports Racing), a company that raced the XX in road racing in their Formula X class (now discontinued). The headers are Ti, the collector is stainless with Ti pipes from the collector to the cans. The system I have is the TSR headers, collector, connector pipes with beautiful full carbon/Ti Akrapovic cans. Centerstand, oil filter access is retained. If interested PM me. The system is in perfect shape. I can email pics.

Howie

Howie's system is far superior (and rare) with the Ti bits and all, but here are a few other options for just the header.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-CBR1100-CBR-1100...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Header-Pipes...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have noticed that the collector for the first pairing on these headers is rather short compared to the stock unit. These are almost 4-1-2 headers as opposed to 4-2-1-2 like stock. How much this will affect the performance curve, I don't know.

Just out of curiosity, Howie, how is that TSR system configured?

I have one actually

You never put it on, did you?

No, I did install it. It had been on my bike for about 1 year/4k miles. Prior to that I was using the Akra slip-ons, which is where the Akra cans came from. Now I am using a full Ti TSR 4-2-1 limited production unit. As an FYI, the TSR connector pipes from the collector to the can, are 54mm OD and the Akra cans are 52mm ID, so I had the connector pipes sleeved down to 52mm OD using the same Ti tubing from TSR. ..Howie

I have one actually

You never put it on, did you?

No, I did install it. It had been on my bike for about 1 year/4k miles. Prior to that I was using the Akra slip-ons, which is where the Akra cans came from. Now I am using a full Ti TSR 4-2-1 limited production unit. As an FYI, the TSR connector pipes from the collector to the can, are 54mm OD and the Akra cans are 52mm ID, so I had the connector pipes sleeved down to 52mm OD using the same Ti tubing from TSR. ..Howie

I am interested in this - PM will be sent