CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cam Chain Tensioner?

mrak26

I recently purchased an 00' XX w/32K from a forum member. When I had purchased the bike last month the bike had been warmed up prior to my arrival and I did not hear anything out of the ordinary on my trip home. Upon starting the bike the following morning I could hear a distinct noise, which I've since come to believe is the bag of marbles sound that I've seen described on the forum. At first this noise was only present when the bike was cold and would diminish almost entirely when the clutch lever was depressed. I resolved the problem at first by adjusting the idle from 1100 to just under 1400 and the noise was gone. Today as I was riding the noise reappeared while I was in gear and was present throughout the low range of the powerband. I would appreciate any help/suggestions as to correcting the problem or some general advice on where I might be able to purchase a CCT at a reasonable price. I've PM'd JohnXX as I've seen posts of his in the past where he has tensioners for sale. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks

I recently purchased an 00' XX w/32K from a forum member. When I had purchased the bike last month the bike had been warmed up prior to my arrival and I did not hear anything out of the ordinary on my trip home. Upon starting the bike the following morning I could hear a distinct noise, which I've since come to believe is the bag of marbles sound that I've seen described on the forum. At first this noise was only present when the bike was cold and would diminish almost entirely when the clutch lever was depressed. I resolved the problem at first by adjusting the idle from 1100 to just under 1400 and the noise was gone. Today as I was riding the noise reappeared while I was in gear and was present throughout the low range of the powerband. I would appreciate any help/suggestions as to correcting the problem or some general advice on where I might be able to purchase a CCT at a reasonable price. I've PM'd JohnXX as I've seen posts of his in the past where he has tensioners for sale. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks

What you're describing is reasonable to assume it's a CCT.

That is a very cheap and easy fix and you should definitely contact John for the replacement part.

The fix is about 5 mins worth of time and will make all the difference in the world

Guest rockmeupto125

Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36706

I deleted your post in the For Sale section.

Welcome to the site. The search function works well. John should have a CCT for you...it takes 30 minutes if you don't know where your tools are and you have dogs to watch while you are working. Add 10 minutes if you have children to watch.

I did not get a PM ?

I picked up 10 CCT's yesterday and have two left.

If you want one email me at John@BikeBits.us or a PM here with your zip code for pricing.

I assume you are in the states in which case total cost would be $34.50 delivered Priority Mail.

I will have another 10 coming, in 10 days to 2 weeks.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I all New to site

I have a 2001 bird 16000 miles for about a year and started hearing a rumbling noise at 3500 rpm after reading lots of sites i thought it was he balancer chain but after taking it to my mate in the honda garage we worked out the following .

balancer chains needed adjusting (been this is very common around te 16000 mile mark and can be done easily by the garage (will find out what they do )

But the main problem was the cam chain tensioner unit on the back of the motor right hand side .

replaced this £50 done balancer chain adjusted bike now is very smooth and very quiet and improved pickup.

My garage friend said this is a common fault with the blackbird he has had to replace these sometimne after 1000 miles from new .

Worth checking...

Great site and forum

will let friends know :icon_angel::icon_angel:

I did not get a PM ?

I picked up 10 CCT's yesterday and have two left.

If you want one email me at John@BikeBits.us or a PM here with your zip code for pricing.

I assume you are in the states in which case total cost would be $34.50 delivered Priority Mail.

I will have another 10 coming, in 10 days to 2 weeks.

John

John

I hope you got my PM, and are bringing one to NeXXt for me.

See you there

marty

John,

Are yours the OEM CCT? How do they compare with the X11 CCT

here a while ago? Which one is better?

Thanks.

-mike-

The CCT for the X11 does compare to the OEM XX !!

The X11 CCT is better for the X11 and the XX CCT is better for the XX !

Sorry not much help there but I can say that I only sell the OEM CCT for US spec Bikes.

I have no experience with the X11 CCT in the Blackbird.

There is a considerable price difference.