CBR1100XX.org Forum

NOS question ? Nitrous Q ?

DaveK

The primary nitrous equipment manufacturers are Nitrous Express (www.nitrousexpress.com) NOS (www.holley.com) and Zex (www.zex.com)

I've used components from all three on my car. I have found that NX generally produce the best quality nitrous gear. Last time I looked, they did carry polished bottles.

-Pace

I got my nitrous kit for my XX from NX Express and then decided to polish my 2.5lb bottle.....pretty easy if you have the right tools and the time, if not you can get it done pretty cheap at many of the local auto shops...check it out.

I have two sneeky pete 10oz. bottles that I need to do next that I will setup on either side of the rear subframe one of these days....never know when you need MORE spray :twisted:

Sanch

Where/how is the best place to mount the primary bottle on the 'bird?

-Pace

I'm in Texas visiting family and when I get back next week I can post photos of my placement. The 2.5lb bottle is a big bastard and for the stealthness I desired, Mith came to my aid in fabricating a custom fiberglass tray to install under the rear portion of the seat and under the rear subframe crossarm. It does slightly rub in large bumps but I am running stock suspension still....I need to put in the shim and see how that works as well as maybe upgrade the rear shock....another excuse for a better ride :wink:

I painted the tray black and it is almost completely hidden and the only way it is seen is if I point it out to someone...great for makin your Busa buddies scratch their head after you fly by them :cool:

If someone is seriousely interested they could use mine as a mold or we can chat about maybe making one up......I'd like to eventually redo mine in CF eventually and prolly will but right now I am having to much fun riding!

BHAHAA...just remembered I sent my brother a pic of the bottle.....sorry for the bad lighting though but this will give you bit of an idea of how my bottle sits!

20038256208390198786589.jpg

The other option would be to get smaller bottles and place them side by side under the seat but the smaller bottles also tend to be longer....for exact dimensions of the 2.5lb vs. the Sneeky Pete 10oz. bottles you'll have to wait until my return to Seattle though :mrgreen:

Cheers-

Sanch

Just looked at the photo after I posted.....christ I am such a power slut but the fact that when I hit the spray on my XX and everyone just see's my fat AsS go by :moon: gives me quite a grin :twisted:

BTW....I have the greatest wife....try explaining to your wife why your XX NEEDS nitrous when she already knows it's a pretty fast SOB....if you need tips I'm here to support my fellow power whores :fingers:

El Chingon Cabron-

Sanch

How long does the 2.5lb bottle last? I had a 10lb bottle in my car and it was good for about two and a half minutes of total spray with an 80HP shot.

A few more questions..

- What size jets do you run and which jet type?

- Do you use a window switch?

- Is your nitrous WOT triggered, or wired to your horn button?

- Have you retarded ignition timing at all?

Sorry for all the questions. I've never run nitrous on a motorcycle but I'm seriously considering going this route for next seasons drags.

TIA

-Pace

BTW....I have the greatest wife....try explaining to your wife why your XX NEEDS nitrous when she already knows it's a pretty fast SOB....if you need tips I'm here to support my fellow power whores [smiley_doublefinger.gif]

Or a turbo. :beer: