CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vista vs. Nep

Fonzie

Both are within $5 of each other at most places. Just curious if anything better on one over the other as far as use/installation etc.????

Not interested in Throttlemeisters........neat, but too much dough ray me for my wallet

Both are within $5 of each other at most places. Just curious if anything better on one over the other as far as use/installation etc.????

Not interested in Throttlemeisters........neat, but too much dough ray me for my wallet

I have a Vista Cruise ( The Honda/dual throttle cable version not the Universal ) and I find it great :icon_clap:. I have put it so that the actual lever is facing forward/down towards the headlight after following a couple of article on Alternative mounting positions ( one from Jaws on the bird site I think and another of the net somewhere ) and at first glance you would not know a throttle lock was on there :icon_surprised: The advantage of this position is that the setup is nearly invisible, the lock will not foul on the tank, and doesn't get in the way of the starter button. The only real drawbacks are that it takes a little longer to fit as you need to file the mounting lug and put a short screw into the throttle housing and it is slightly harder to activate with thick gloves - I just use my index finger while gripping the throttle. It is the best AUS $ 40 that I have spent :icon_clap: :icon_clap: BTW a guy at work has an NEP on his 98 XX and it is mounted so that it sticks up towards the rider - looks ugly, makes it harder to reach the starter button, and could be a bit dangerous in an off :icon_think: although it is easier to put on/off

I have a Vista Cruise ( The Honda/dual throttle cable version not the Universal ) and I find it great :icon_clap:. I have put it so that the actual lever is facing forward/down towards the headlight after following a couple of article on Alternative mounting positions ( one from Jaws on the bird site I think and another of the net somewhere ) and at first glance you would not know a throttle lock was on there :icon_surprised: The advantage of this position is that the setup is nearly invisible, the lock will not foul on the tank, and doesn't get in the way of the starter button. The only real drawbacks are that it takes a little longer to fit as you need to file the mounting lug and put a short screw into the throttle housing and it is slightly harder to activate with thick gloves - I just use my index finger while gripping the throttle. It is the best AUS $ 40 that I have spent :icon_clap: :icon_clap: BTW a guy at work has an NEP on his 98 XX and it is mounted so that it sticks up towards the rider - looks ugly, makes it harder to reach the starter button, and could be a bit dangerous in an off :icon_think: although it is easier to put on/off

That is exactly how I had mine setup too. dual cable, top notch, worked perfectly, can't see it from 5 iches away, doesn't knock the tank. And a very reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

Called a couple of local shops, 'cause I was hoping to do this before tomorrows ride. When I ask if they have the Vista cruise, they immediately say "yeah", but when I ask if they've got the one for the dual throttle cable for our bike, they've both told me they only have the ones for cruisers, not sport bikes??? What the hell's that mean?

They've both also asked about the handlebar diameter???

Called a couple of local shops, 'cause I was hoping to do this before tomorrows ride. When I ask if they have the Vista cruise, they immediately say "yeah", but when I ask if they've got the one for the dual throttle cable for our bike, they've both told me they only have the ones for cruisers, not sport bikes??? What the hell's that mean?

They've both also asked about the handlebar diameter???

They are the " Universal type you do not want and I think are for 1" bars if I am not mistaken :icon_nono: