CBR1100XX.org Forum

Low Carb Mall & some product reviews

SwampNut

I bought all of the following at the Low Carb Mall stores here. Surprisingly most of the prices are good and the selection was great. Even have frozen bread and ice cream.

Joseph's Sugar-Free cookies

They are sugar free, but do have flour, so they're not ultra-low in carbs. Still, in moderation they are fine unless you're doing Atkins induction. Flavor is excellent, with a slight hint of "fake" but still very good. Not as good as a great cookie, but better than a cheap store brand cookie with sugar. $5/11 ounces, $1/1.5 ounces. josephs@josephslitecookies.com (no web site).

Judy's Handmade Candy Company Peanut Brittle

Fantastic. No fake taste at all. Perfect. Ultra low carb. $5/8 ounces (fairly large amount). www.judyscandy.com

Asher's Chocolates Almond Buttercrunch

Very good, but the coating does have a fake taste. They don't taste like the real Almond Roca that they're modeled after, but still good. $4/4 ounces. http://www.ashers.com/

Breakthrough Nutrition Lean Protein Bites White Chocolate Crunch

Weird taste, not sweet enough (and I like things very lightly sweetened). It does have a real chocolate taste, but bitter and odd. If you like bitter chocolates you might like this, but I don't. Good crunch satisfaction. $1/1 ounce, which is a fairly large volume because they're puffed.

Asher's Milk Vanilla Caramels

Delicious. Chocolate is light-flavored like I prefer, rich caramel. $4/4 ounces (8 standard-size chocolates).