CBR1100XX.org Forum

Repsol 10w-50 racing oil

twodealdrive

I've got about 40 miles on it and it shifts even better than the Mobil 1 SUV 5-30 I had in there. I normally run the Mobil 1 moto oil from autozone. It's $32 plus some change and this was $37 shipped to me plus I got a free Nicky H. t-shirt.

A friend of mine has a one of a kind Repsol CBR 1000 and he uses Repsol oil in it. Some chemical, melyndium? (sp) that he claims Honda clutches don't care for. I'm not sure about that but for $5 bucks more and a free T, I thought I'd try it.

Mobil 1 is a clear honey color, this repsol stuff was like an unfiltered honey color, just a little cloudy. Engine seems a little quieter and the 1st to 2nd shift would get difficult when the bike was hot with the SUV oil. Just a little more clunky. Not with this stuff, I sat in traffic for a while and the motor got hot. The repsol stuff was very smooth from 1st to 2nd. We'll see how it does in a few thousand miles.

post-1165-1153450529_thumb.jpg

Source? Web address?

Molybdenum....anyone know anything about it?

This Guy seems to know what he's talking about.

Me? I use Canadian Tire Motorcycle specific Oil at under $4.00 a litre, but I change at 5-6000 km and put a new Honda filter on everytime.

marty

Interesting Read.

I can't believe that a Honda CBR engine would run 200K :icon_liar:

The one thing I have noticed about synthetics was a lack of sludge when I rebuilt my old Aircooled VW engines. Dino oil always had deposits. Mobile 1 did not.

10-50 is going to make for better shifting than 5-30. Not a valid comparision in my mind.

That's true, but the SUV oil shifted the same as the Mobil 1 moto 10-40, so my comparison was based on how both oils felt in the tranny to me compared with the Repsol.