CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blown Fuse

Mr.XX

Sat and Sun I had the bike out doing warm up runs getting ready for NEXXT ... the next meet I can make

all is good. On Monday I decide to take the bike to work ... ride in, Park the bike go to work

When I come out in the afternoon I put the key in and ..... Nothing , No lights no horn ,Nada.

I think maybe the battery died. i only have the BB tool kit with me so to check i tap a wrench across the terminals .... I get good sparks so it aint the battery ... start checking the fuses all good , I check the wiring and cant see anything wrong .... I start pulling plastic , I jump the starter and it cranks so now I'm thinking it has to be between the ignition switch and starter ..thats when I fiound the 30 amp fuse in the wiring harness has popped ... Luckily Radio Shack was a few blocks away and had the fuse.

How the hell does a fuse blow when the bike is just sitting ???

Just before I parked it I was sitting at a long light and had shut off the bike as I waited and it started right up i rode another block or so and parked so it was good then .... Idid not see it go when I came back and put the key in I think I would have seen a quick flash of the lights when it blew.

I am trying to figure it out so i wont be worrying about next time i go out .... all seems well now with the new fuse in she lit right up

Suggestions anyone?

:icon_cool:

If it was a starter fuse (fuse between the switch and relay??), it only gets used when you're running the starter motor, so it could've been blown for the whole ride into work and you wouldn't have known it... I say, if it blows again, check into it, and if it doesn't, it was probably just a fluke...

Mike

If it was a starter fuse (fuse between the switch and relay??), it only gets used when you're running the starter motor, so it could've been blown for the whole ride into work and you wouldn't have known it... I say, if it blows again, check into it, and if it doesn't, it was probably just a fluke...

Mike

Thanks ... I have a couple of spares in the tool kit now ... I just dont wanna be 200 - 300 miles out like I was on Sunday and have it go dead on me if I can help it.

Damn Honda's this should be a recall defect :icon_evil: .... I wonder if Waranty will cover this

Mike

Thanks ... I have a couple of spares in the tool kit now ... I just dont wanna be 200 - 300 miles out like I was on Sunday and have it go dead on me if I can help it.

Damn Honda's this should be a recall defect :icon_evil: .... I wonder if Waranty will cover this

Ya know... THere should be a spare 30 amp fuse below the actual connection... Mine has one there. It's actuall attached to it right under it.