CBR1100XX.org Forum

CIVIC HELP

XXMAN

I HAVE A 1995 HONDA CIVIC EX 1.6 VTECH ENGINE FILLS OVER FLOW BOTTLE WHEN IT GETS HOT AND OVERFLOW BOILS OUT ALL THE ANTIFREEZE ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

Guest rockmeupto125

Rob....many things to consider.

Water pumps failures aren't frequent, but certainly not uncommon on this vehicle.

Your temp gauge may not be functioning correctly....OR...if the water isn't circulating, the hot coolant is not reaching the temp gauge.

Also consider checking the coolant for exhaust gases...as in a leaking head gasket. If there is steam from the tailpipe that's a good indicator as well.

I'd look at a blocked thermostat or water pump first.

Thermostat has been replaced still same problem upper hose gets red hot while bottom is just warm the water is definitely not circulating. Water pump and head gasket were replaced I think two years ago. It seems like the water is not making it to the sensor so the gauge is not showing it being hot. It also has a new radiator like a month old. Thanks for everyones help I really appreciate it. I guessing water pump as the best bet at this point.

• 2 weeks later...