CBR1100XX.org Forum

bodywork

KnucklezX

Not to be a doubter, but hopefully the molds come out better than the tire patch kit. :icon_biggrin:

Just mess'n with you, seems like you've made alot of progress around bikes in the past year.

I've only found one place to get them and they put you on a 8-9+ month waiting list. Alternatively, you can pay me to make them for you :icon_cool:

I've ordered materials and will be making my first set (starting with the upper, lowers, and maybe the front fender) within a month or so. :icon_biggrin:

FSB-Keep us posted on this project, I for one am very interested in it

Kinley

Not to be a doubter, but hopefully the molds come out better than the tire patch kit. :icon_biggrin:

Just mess'n with you, seems like you've made alot of progress around bikes in the past year.

Well I admit I didn't know jack crap about motorcycles, or even cars for that matter when I first got into bikes. Owning an XX and just plain old being FSB has allowed me to get pretty intimate with my bike :icon_evilgrin: so i've learned quite a lot and have enjoyed every minute of it. I'll also be sure to get complete instructions on mold construction before I walk into my garage and find that I melted my fairings :icon_biggrin:

I've also always been a bit of an artist and now that I have a Fever, and the only perscription is Carbon Fiber, I think it would be great to get into working with composites. I'll keep you all posted on how my projects turn out with that :icon_biggrin:

FSB I use to worked with CF and fiberglass at a shop for 3 yrs.. If you got any questions or anything drop me a PM.

I personally wouldn't waste my time and money on making plugs, molds and stuff for one set CF bodywork...

Good luck though..

Thanks, i'll keep you in mind if I run into trouble. It is my hope to be able to produce more than my own set of bodyparts. A Blackbird probably isn't the best to do it with because few people have one, but thats the bike I have so we'll see how it goes :)