CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wow, I had no idea this was a topic

Redd

I have been lowcarbing for almost 3 years. I have ooodles and ooodles of recipes. I leave you with one of my favorite shakes

1/4 cup of Splenda

1/4 cup of heavy cream

1/4 cup of cottage cheese

1/4 cup of water

1/4 cup of egg beaters (cause they are pasterized)

1 tsp of vanilla extract

1 scoop of any type of protien powder (you dont have to put this in if you dont want to)

6 ice cubes

Blender till smooth......Tastes just like a vanilla shake. Under 6 carbs, induction friendly, great for breakfast.

Redd

Wow, thanks Redd. I am going to have to try this one. I don't like cottage cheese though. I do hope you can't taste it!

Ken

Splenda is a no-cal sweetener based on sugar. No dangers like aspartame and sacharin, no shitty aftertaste. An even better one is Stevia, which is just a plant. The powdered extract is 500 times sweeter than sugar. 1 tsp Stevia = 1 cup sugar. There's also a liquid for convenient use and measuring in small quantities.

Ahhh....the road to enlightenment! Thanks for the info Carlos, we hoosiers from southern Indiana don't get out much. Everything around here is cooked in lard or 5 gallons of butter. I'll have to send you some pics of the locals in their leopard thong bikinis. :lol:

Everything around here is cooked in lard or 5 gallons of butter

Nothing wrong with butter or lard if you are on a low-carb diet. Just don't eat or drink bread, potatos, chips, sugar, pop, or beer. (OK, you can cheat with an occasional low-carb beer)

• 2 weeks later...
(OK, you can cheat with an occasional low-carb beer)

Did you all hear about that Slim Lite? Its like mikes hard lemonade and only has 1 carb per serving. Waiting to see it, but I have been drinking Michelob ultras (not too bad)

Redd