CBR1100XX.org Forum

Arai Helmet Strap Issues

RXX

I just sent my Arai Quantum 8 to Pennsylvania to have the strap replaced. It had started to fray and become difficult to fasten.

Factory rep told me they had had some problems with them and suspect the vecro on some jackets chafed them.

Anyone have this problem? The helmet is beginning its 3rd summer season, and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. A $500 helmet shouldn't have this problem, but the rep didn't bat an eye, said send it in and it would be out the door in 2 days. Love that 5 year warranty!

6 days without riding makes week.

A back up helmet????

There are two back ups on my shelf now, all good and recent, only two because I gave one away and another got thrown out for being 6 years old. Can never have toooo many helmets, bikes, gloves etc

Brian

I just sent my Arai Quantum 8 to Pennsylvania to have the strap replaced. It had started to fray and become difficult to fasten.

Mine did that and I fixed it right away with a lighter.. :icon_flame:

Works great. :icon_wink:

My wife won't let me play with fire

:icon_whistle:

Seriously, I am tired of doing that & it keeps getting shorter, duh. I am willing to part w/her for a few days for new shoes

Did you see my post where they replaced the strap, gave me a new visor, and had same day turnaround?

Sent it out Mon, got it back Friday. new strap, new visor. FREE!

Sweet